Salmonella

MiaB

This is probably ridiculous, my bearded dragon was bathed this morning for 10 minutes for reference. But this evening we were playing, and he jumped on my face and scratched my lip and made it bleed with his nail. Does this mean I’m going to get salmonella I’m not sure how it works

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's always a slight chance but as long a you washed your lip with soapy water it should be fine. A scratch from any animal can cause infection but it's not that common. If your lip starts to swell you should go to an urgi care and get some antibiotics.

As a side point, soaking a beardie doesn't do anything to keep them germ free anymore than if we worked with some contaminated substance and then just sat in some water and expected to be clean. It's soap + disinfectants that get rid of germs, not plain water. Many animals and most reptiles carry salmonella but it's not common for humans to be infected with it but it's still good to take precautions.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom