Salad- topped with calcium?

Lydstar

Beardie name(s)
Nacho
Finally nacho has taken some bites of his salad! I’ve hade him since December 26th this is literally the first bite! The other day he was digging at the tile trying to like the calcium powder so I thought to myself let me sprinkle a tiny amount on the greens. I topped with some BSFL boom he went to town. He spit out the first few bites (maybe I need to cut it even smaller?) but then ate at least 3 bites more! I’m so proud of him (maybe her?)

Finally nacho has taken some bites of his salad! I’ve hade him since December 26th this is literally the first bite! The other day he was digging at the tile trying to like the calcium powder so I thought to myself let me sprinkle a tiny amount on the greens. I topped with some BSFL boom he went to town. He spit out the first few bites (maybe I need to cut it even smaller?) but then ate at least 3 bites more! I’m so proud of him (maybe her?)
How old is your guy?

Is December 26th when you got him?

How did you get him to eat some salad? Was he refusing it at first and then just randomly started taking to it?

DId you just keep it in a bowl in the vivarium offered and changed daily?

I have a hatchling that will be 6wks old in a few days, and I have tried everything - in my care I have only been able to get it to eat a small leaf of kale and before and after that just refuses it altogether.

Still only eating insects no matter what I try..

If yours just randomly started eating it, I have hope for mine yet!

Lydstar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nacho
Oh no. I got him 12/26 but I think he was about 3ish weeks old. He’s still pretty small in my opinion! This was literally the very first time he’s even remotely put a piece of green object in his mouth so I’m not really hopeful for him to eat it every day! So far I’ve tried: bee pollen, the fly larvae and all kinds of greens: dandelion, mustard, turnip, kale, collards, bell peppers, dragon fruit, raspberries, strawberries. Nothing made him want to try it. But that calcium powder… he went straight to it! I’ve also read on here to encourage them to eat the salad by hand feeding but my little guy is still too skidding of my hand. I work at it every day!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are almost always hard to get to eat salad, especially as babies. You iust have to keep offering it and hope for the best

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom