SAFTY OF BEARDED DRAGONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEARDIE144

Hatchling Member
UM.... i got my bearded dragon about a month ago and he just shedded ive been giving him repti cal and multi vitamin but it seemed i didnt see any growth in him should i be concerned :cry: please some one respond

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
hello, and welcome to this site :wave: .

to start, what kind of setup do you have?

do you have one light or two?

what is the name on the bulb(s)?

what kind of feeders/veggies do you feed him, how many times a week?

there are ALOT more questions but ill leave you with those for now. once again, welcome to this site. i hope you find it helpfull :wink: .

BEARDIE144

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have 3 lights one uvb and one uva and also a night light i keep it one during the day to raise the temps i feed him romaine lettuce (with repti cal twice a week and multi vitamin twice a week ) and 5 small gut loaded crikets(he is a juveinile his name is pedro :D ) and i bathe him once a week.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
what is the brand of your uvb, is it a coil/compact? For instance, I use the Reptisun 10 fluorescent tube bulb. Do you use it? or do you use a reptiglo? Also, what are the temps in his tank and what do you take them with?

He should be eating more crickets than he is. How old is you uvb? Some uvb's don't give off good enough uvb and can be a cause of his not eating very much.

Just to let you know, I have had Speedy for 7 weeks as of last Friday. She has more than doubled in size since we got her. They didn't remember how long they had her, but it was a couple of months they said. She hadn't grown with them at all due to no uvb at all, just some good AZ sun, how much I don't know. We got her the Reptisun 10 tube uvb and a fish tank 1/2 fixture. I know it was because of this that she gained as much weight and size (she gained probably 2 inches in length in 5 or 6 weeks.

I just say that to let you know that it would help us to know the specific answers to the questions I've asked.

BEARDIE144

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sorry i ment by small like medium size crickts i give him 6-7 and imseeing that pedro has grown way longer :D but yesterday i got some small crickets they were way smaller than i expected so i gave him 13 was that two much ????

BEARDIE144

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he doesnt look starved the joints by his tail are not bulging out and hes not lehargic hes pooping alot and he loves his lettuce

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
i believe the repti-glo coil bulb is no good and could have harmful effects on your beardie.. is it a strip light or a compact or coil?

also, did you mention a night light?

BEARDIE144

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sorry i dont know if its a repti glow but it is a uvb uva pedro hasnt been having any trouble though hes been digetng his food and hes alert hes growing and devours every thing in site igotta go though but please post if theres any thing wrong O my uvb is a light blub my night light a light bulb and my uva is a light bulb

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
BEARDIE144":e30a9 said:
sorry i ment by small like medium size crickts i give him 6-7 and imseeing that pedro has grown way longer :D but yesterday i got some small crickets they were way smaller than i expected so i gave him 13 was that two much ????
How old is your beardie?Juvies and babies require enormous amounts of protien.My adult eat about 25-50 feeders a week however my new baby who is 14 weeks old eats over 50-75 crix per day along with a some pheonix worm treats(about 20-40) and a fresh daily salad.Granted she has been my most veracious eater ever but and avg baby can easily down 35-50 per day.
As for the uvb bulb look directly on the bulb at the end it will have brand and % on it that will tell you what it is then get back to us.Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom