Russian Tortoise and Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenRae

There is this fantastic pet store close to my house and they have their bearded dragons living with an african tortoise. I was thinking of doing this with my beardie and my russian tortoise since they get along just fine, but I can't decide what kind of substrate I think would be best. I know lots of people like to use tile in their DIY but my tortoise really enjoys burrowing. Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thank you!

apbgv

Hatchling Member
Please do not house them together. Russian tortoises have different requirements than beardies. A enclosure that is appropriate for a beardie is not suitable for a russian. Go to russiantortoise.org to see what they require. My 4 are in the house now winter is coming and their living quarters are 8ft by 12ft. open air.
just because it is done in pet store does not mean it is correct. I see many sick animals from the local pet store where proper husbandry would have gone a long way.

nrich

I completely agree. Russian Tortoises and Beardies require completely different living conditions and should not be housed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom