Running into glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejets

I got my dragon Benny for Christmas and he's a little over a year now. Ever since I got him he's spent a lot of time clawing at and bumping his nose into the glass of his tank. I do have a background on 3 sides, but he could probably still see his reflection. He goes periods of time without doing this but sometimes he'll do it for a few hours a day. I've heard they might do this when they're hungry but I just gave him 10 super worms and he's still doing it. I'm at a loss of what to do for him! :?

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
if hes a boy then his hormones will be going into overdrive , thats like the age of a 17 year old boy who has just see a pair of b****bs lol. also we dont use fish tanks in the u.k so i have to say i have really had that problem as all sides bar the front are wood , soo it may also be his reflection. he may see himself as another male ????? oh bless him lol. so i think ither a wood viv or another view off an american or someone who keeps theres in a fish tank ??

good luck and hope you put him at ease . Tan

thejets

Original Poster
To clarify, I don't have a fish tank, it is an actual viv, but it is glass on all sides. Also, I'm not entirely sure if he/she is male or female I just use "him" because I don't want to call him an it

chelseaNharley

he wants to be held beardies love humans..if he is still figgity when you hold him its just cause he doesnt know you well enough yet..take him out for 10 mins 3x a day

MAK

Hatchling Member
tanya1974":fswmt8jd said:
also we dont use fish tanks in the u.k so i have to say i have really had that problem as all sides bar the front are wood ,

No one at all??? Why is that???

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
good question lol. we dohave the glass vivs with the sides (exoterra ? ) with little open doors at the front . But they are mainly used for smaller animals. they are mega expensive over here . i think maybe its down to choice really . everyone i know has wood vivs or furniture that has been converted . I do understand there not fishtanks if they have them little doors at the front . so i did not mean to distrespect anyone on here by calling them that. i do have a question tho , if you use glass tanks where are the air vents. ??? they would be like mini greenhouses over yours wouldnt they ??? :study:

MAK

Hatchling Member
tanya1974":1hkw3nbg said:
good question lol. we dohave the glass vivs with the sides (exoterra ? ) with little open doors at the front . But they are mainly used for smaller animals. they are mega expensive over here . i think maybe its down to choice really . everyone i know has wood vivs or furniture that has been converted . I do understand there not fishtanks if they have them little doors at the front . so i did not mean to distrespect anyone on here by calling them that. i do have a question tho , if you use glass tanks where are the air vents. ??? they would be like mini greenhouses over yours wouldnt they ??? :study:

No, The fish tanks have one big vent.... The top! :D . Those who use lids use metal screen lids. So there is a ton of venting, probably more than wood vivs.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
hi mak , well i see what you mean , god i had a blonde moment lmao , of course if its a fish tank (viv) it makes sence the top is going to be the vent lol. i make my own vivs out of furniture so i have loads of vents in mine but are able to push the slider and close some off when it gets a bit nippy . which is all the time over here . :study: see in a way i envy all you peeps living in lovely warm places , i am saving up to get a conservatory built on the side of the house so they can keep warm and benifit from natural sunlight . its very rarely hot enough to sit out with them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom