Running away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilrambo

I've had my little guy for about 3 weeks and am having a hard time with handing him. The first week I didn't touch him, just talked to him and hand fed as much as possible. The following week I added in petting him. Now I try to take him out 10mins a day to say hi but he really wants to run! I want to be able to give him the baths he needs(which he hates) and hold him but it seems like hes scared. And his beard is never black btw. And suggestions? And the black markings on the side of his neck, do they mean anything?

Attachments

• Snapchat-918694478.jpg
    Snapchat-918694478.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 153

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I've had my little guy for about 3 weeks and am having a hard time with handing him. The first week I didn't touch him, just talked to him and hand fed as much as possible. The following week I added in petting him. Now I try to take him out 10mins a day to say hi but he really wants to run! I want to be able to give him the baths he needs(which he hates) and hold him but it seems like hes scared. And his beard is never black btw. And suggestions? And the black markings on the side of his neck, do they mean anything
Dragons do not need bathing except when necessary --- pooped on themselves or if that is the only way they will drink - too much bathing will dry the scales out --- keep working w/ him the way you have been doing it will take time for him to acclimate to the tank and his surroundings -- also rinsing the greens before serving will give him the hydration he needs -- I believe the black is just coloring

Lilrambo

Original Poster
Dragons do not need bathing except when necessary --- pooped on themselves or if that is the only way they will drink - too much bathing will dry the scales out --- keep working w/ him the way you have been doing it will take time for him to acclimate to the tank and his surroundings -- also rinsing the greens before serving will give him the hydration he needs -- I believe the black is just coloring
Thanks. I'll keep at it, just nervous he will get away somewhere in the house I guess ha. And I don't think he drinks water so I do wet his greens. I'm always wondering if there are owners that have beardies that just never want to be held and don't seem to like them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks. I'll keep at it, just nervous he will get away somewhere in the house I guess ha. And I don't think he drinks water so I do wet his greens. I'm always wondering if there are owners that have beardies that just never want to be held and don't seem to like them.
Not normally most love the interaction it's when people don't take the time to hand tame or spend time w/ them - also I would not let him out of the tank to run just yet---- more people lose the dragon because they get under stuff they can't get to them - he needs time to acclimate and get used to his surroundings

I've had my little guy for about 3 weeks and am having a hard time with handing him. The first week I didn't touch him, just talked to him and hand fed as much as possible. The following week I added in petting him. Now I try to take him out 10mins a day to say hi but he really wants to run! I want to be able to give him the baths he needs(which he hates) and hold him but it seems like hes scared. And his beard is never black btw. And suggestions? And the black markings on the side of his neck, do they mean anything?
Random thing, your beardie looks so much like mine! Also he doesn't like hands either. Twins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom