Rubbing his face on stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsenes

We got our bearded dragon last night from a reptile rescue guy. He's about 8 months old(ish), but anyhow, he didn't eat any veggies today, and only like 6 crickets. He's also rubbing his snout and face on his basking area and occasionally on the ground. Don't know why he would do this. He's also always trying to climb one side of the cage(might see his reflection???)
Any thoughts? Ideas?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Congrats on your beardie. :D It sounds like he is getting ready to shed. A nice warm soak and maybe even a rub with a nice soft toothbrush would help to make him more comfortable.

elmore91011

Hatchling Member
Bella does that when she's shedding. She's all over the place rubbing and flipping lol I feel bad for her so Igive her a bath then I feel bad because of the "get me out of here look" when I do :lol:

jabronie

just shedding.

as for veggies, you need to cut those into smaller pieces, i can see how big they are from here. and if you read anywhere it says that they will have relocation stress and not want to eat normally for a bit.

szubelak

Juvie Member
diamc":22j8g6sq said:
Congrats on your beardie. :D It sounds like he is getting ready to shed. A nice warm soak and maybe even a rub with a nice soft toothbrush would help to make him more comfortable.

I concur!! a wet toothbrush with the bath! Maybe even a gentle spritz of the area a couple times a day with a simple water bottle sprayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom