Rodent Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Well I received my order yesterday from Rodent Pro and I was very impressed. First off, the packing was phenomenal. They used some sort of fiberglass wrapped in plastic to insulate the dry ice. All of the mice were perfectly frozen and in ziplock bags according to size. However, they weren't tangled in a little mess. You could individually pick out whole mice and they still had their tails and feet. They looked VERY fresh.

I decided to preserve them by packing them individually in tin foil and then putting them into gallon freezer bags. Also, Weaver got to eat one, and he seemed thoroughly content. They sure beat the mice that I bought at the expo last time.

Note: The shipping is about $40 though no matter how many you order.

PastorAaron

Juvie Member
Glad you like them! I've gotten the majority of my feeders from RP and never had a bad experience.
God Bless,
Aaron

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
How long do you think they will last in the freezer? I have two growing animals, both of which are actually eating adult mice at the moment. I imagine the snake will grow larger more quickly.. So I'm not sure if 100 mice is even a good investment. Right now, that is about 4-5 months worth of food for them.. food which may be too small in the end, anyways.. hrm.. Do you think the foil & zip bags are enough to prevent freezer burn?

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
NegativeCreep":31cfb said:
How long do you think they will last in the freezer? I have two growing animals, both of which are actually eating adult mice at the moment. I imagine the snake will grow larger more quickly.. So I'm not sure if 100 mice is even a good investment. Right now, that is about 4-5 months worth of food for them.. food which may be too small in the end, anyways.. hrm.. Do you think the foil & zip bags are enough to prevent freezer burn?

I'm not sure but I'm giving it a shot. The salesperson at Rodent Pro said over the phone that they can last 6 months. I'm hoping that the foil will give them an extra six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom