Rocky has a crush...no really

look it up...when beardies are excited, they inflate their beards. Rocky and I were playing peek a boo through the window and he inflated his beard....it remained light (so I was cool). I couldnt believe it. I ran around to see if it would go down, it did....I came back and it went up. After 4 times I stopped but WOW it was so cool. Rocky was inside, I was outside and it was the coolest thing. I grabbed 2 other people....no response. Yup, you know I had to try it. NOTHING!!!
Rocky truly loves me and I love him. :love::love::love::love::love:

When I went back in the house, nothing. I must look pretty in nature -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thats funny. Beardies have more personality than a lot of people lol

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I left Rocky for 8 hours. I felt bad, I put food in the ball and hit the door - I was like that would keep him busy. It worked (back up food in the dish). WHen I came home he was knocked out. I gave him a hug and tried to put him back in the enclosure and HE WOULD NOT GO. I cut the lights on, he kept his eyes shut. He was hugging me for dear life. Rocky moved closer up my neck and refused to get down. I felt so loved. But I needed to shower LOL
After letting him walk around with me while I did this and that, even chatted on the phone, he was still holding on. I finally let him go to sleep in his cat bed and all was well.
I tell you, I felt so loved.
Although, when Rocky is close to my face, I always think he is going to turn inti a monster. So far so good.
When he rests across me and his tail runs across my neck, I am for sure that he's going to wrap it around me and choke me. So far so good.
It's all love!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When i try to put Zen to bed he pushes as far under my chin as he can with his nose. Snicker Doodles wraps around my fingers and holds on so tight i have to pry her off. I think beardies evolved to know exactly how to melt Hoomans hearts lol.

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
I left Rocky for 8 hours. I felt bad, I put food in the ball and hit the door - I was like that would keep him busy. It worked (back up food in the dish). WHen I came home he was knocked out. I gave him a hug and tried to put him back in the enclosure and HE WOULD NOT GO. I cut the lights on, he kept his eyes shut. He was hugging me for dear life. Rocky moved closer up my neck and refused to get down. I felt so loved. But I needed to shower LOL
After letting him walk around with me while I did this and that, even chatted on the phone, he was still holding on. I finally let him go to sleep in his cat bed and all was well.
I tell you, I felt so loved.
Although, when Rocky is close to my face, I always think he is going to turn inti a monster. So far so good.
When he rests across me and his tail runs across my neck, I am for sure that he's going to wrap it around me and choke me. So far so good.
It's all love!
Rocky is an amazing beardie!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So the weather is changing and I am trying to follow @KarrieRee 's advice about the natural sunlight. I took Rocky outside with the natural light but it was past his bedtime. It gets darker later so I didnt think he would notice, it was only an hour later and he asks for window time.
We were outside and he start squirming. I brought him inside, I saw on the couch and he immediately curled up to my neck and went to sleep. I said, "You good for nothing boy" LOL
We went out the next morning.
FYI- Rocky will stay in the window 2 hours past bedtime. It's ROCKY's way or no way!

I am just wondering. I have a bear die and he is doing the same thing. Is that normal. In the morning when I am getting up to feed him he will sit at the side of his enclosure and will inflate his beard. It doesn’t turn black so I thought there was something wrong with him. He is doing it a lot more now at night it’s funny cause he does it when I’m done cleaning up after dinner. I think he knows I’m picking him up to cuddle. I just dont understand he enjoys pooping on me at night. Is he comfortable or his he mad at me for taking so long?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Please make sure his temperature is correct. They can be very spoiled creatures so hopefully he just wants a hug :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom