Rocky has a crush...no really

look it up...when beardies are excited, they inflate their beards. Rocky and I were playing peek a boo through the window and he inflated his beard....it remained light (so I was cool). I couldnt believe it. I ran around to see if it would go down, it did....I came back and it went up. After 4 times I stopped but WOW it was so cool. Rocky was inside, I was outside and it was the coolest thing. I grabbed 2 other people....no response. Yup, you know I had to try it. NOTHING!!!
Rocky truly loves me and I love him. :love::love::love::love::love:

When I went back in the house, nothing. I must look pretty in nature -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thats funny. Beardies have more personality than a lot of people lol

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I left Rocky for 8 hours. I felt bad, I put food in the ball and hit the door - I was like that would keep him busy. It worked (back up food in the dish). WHen I came home he was knocked out. I gave him a hug and tried to put him back in the enclosure and HE WOULD NOT GO. I cut the lights on, he kept his eyes shut. He was hugging me for dear life. Rocky moved closer up my neck and refused to get down. I felt so loved. But I needed to shower LOL
After letting him walk around with me while I did this and that, even chatted on the phone, he was still holding on. I finally let him go to sleep in his cat bed and all was well.
I tell you, I felt so loved.
Although, when Rocky is close to my face, I always think he is going to turn inti a monster. So far so good.
When he rests across me and his tail runs across my neck, I am for sure that he's going to wrap it around me and choke me. So far so good.
It's all love!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When i try to put Zen to bed he pushes as far under my chin as he can with his nose. Snicker Doodles wraps around my fingers and holds on so tight i have to pry her off. I think beardies evolved to know exactly how to melt Hoomans hearts lol.

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
I left Rocky for 8 hours. I felt bad, I put food in the ball and hit the door - I was like that would keep him busy. It worked (back up food in the dish). WHen I came home he was knocked out. I gave him a hug and tried to put him back in the enclosure and HE WOULD NOT GO. I cut the lights on, he kept his eyes shut. He was hugging me for dear life. Rocky moved closer up my neck and refused to get down. I felt so loved. But I needed to shower LOL
After letting him walk around with me while I did this and that, even chatted on the phone, he was still holding on. I finally let him go to sleep in his cat bed and all was well.
I tell you, I felt so loved.
Although, when Rocky is close to my face, I always think he is going to turn inti a monster. So far so good.
When he rests across me and his tail runs across my neck, I am for sure that he's going to wrap it around me and choke me. So far so good.
It's all love!
Rocky is an amazing beardie!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So the weather is changing and I am trying to follow @KarrieRee 's advice about the natural sunlight. I took Rocky outside with the natural light but it was past his bedtime. It gets darker later so I didnt think he would notice, it was only an hour later and he asks for window time.
We were outside and he start squirming. I brought him inside, I saw on the couch and he immediately curled up to my neck and went to sleep. I said, "You good for nothing boy" LOL
We went out the next morning.
FYI- Rocky will stay in the window 2 hours past bedtime. It's ROCKY's way or no way!

I am just wondering. I have a bear die and he is doing the same thing. Is that normal. In the morning when I am getting up to feed him he will sit at the side of his enclosure and will inflate his beard. It doesn’t turn black so I thought there was something wrong with him. He is doing it a lot more now at night it’s funny cause he does it when I’m done cleaning up after dinner. I think he knows I’m picking him up to cuddle. I just dont understand he enjoys pooping on me at night. Is he comfortable or his he mad at me for taking so long?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Please make sure his temperature is correct. They can be very spoiled creatures so hopefully he just wants a hug :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom