Rocky bit me!

I am telling- I am telling- I am telling. Okay this was hours ago as Rocky is asleep (in his enclosure) but I was handfeeding Rocky and pretending the fruit was bugs. Handfeeding isn't the problem as I handfeed Rocky every day. Let me be clear, it's only breakfast/greens that I handfeed Rocky. I don't want you to think he's spoiled or anything.
However, I cut up his fruit (new to him that's why I fed it to him) and as it's smaller, I should've used the tongs.
The first time it felt like a nip - I have to check his mouth tomorrow because I think ALL OF HIS TEETH have grown in. They are tiny but the second time proved they are mighty. It was enough to say ouch but it was the momentary lock and shake. Rocky was going for it. Beardies eat each meal like they never ate before in their life, my goodness-- I don't mind the smacking and the eating a mouthful at once, I think Rocky thinks someone is coming to take his food- but ooooweeee, I felt those little teeth.
Little razors? A trap like you see on the cartoons? I don't know how to describe it!
Rocky didn't even put his head in shame. I actually think he enjoyed it! I continued to feed him like a dummy- he began dropping things and watched me pick it up like, YES, DON'T FORGET WHO IS IN CHARGE. There were no additional bites, all is well and of course, I still love Rocky.

Rocky's moment- once I adjusted the light, Rocky felt as if he has superpowers. Okay, he was just a little more courageous. He attempted to leave his enclosure via the ramp. While he doesn't mind going up- he never goes down. The EXACT UVB and he's superbeardie!!!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So I tried to open Rocky's mouth, he was NOT having it. Ugh uh! Rocky said NO NO NO.
I tried to take my finger and rub then go in...NEGATIVE-
He lets me rub- touch, peek but I cannot go in. He didn't even get the black beard. I must admit, I gave up!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's insanely hard to open their mouth if they don't want to. I don't even try for fear of hurting them. I sww the vet try to opens Zens mouth with an oversized popsicle stick. He was to rough, and i flat out set him straight. But after that if i need to see i stick which ever one it is in their basking and just wait for them to gape.

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
So I tried to open Rocky's mouth, he was NOT having it. Ugh uh! Rocky said NO NO NO.
I tried to take my finger and rub then go in...NEGATIVE-
He lets me rub- touch, peek but I cannot go in. He didn't even get the black beard. I must admit, I gave up!
It can be really hard, especially with the males since they are very dominant in their behavior. In all honesty, view his teeth while he is basking. If they are becoming darker / brown or his gums are darkening, then you’re going to have to find a way to brush his teeth. But if you can’t get in, he should be okay.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom