Rocks from ocean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdkid123

Hatchling Member
I found some realy nice rocks from a beach that wold look great in my tank but was wondering if i could use them in my tank?I hae them in a bucket of water and abot 10% is bleack to remove any bacteria?

Cinder9

Juvie Member
as long as you disinfected it the way you explained and bake it in the oven for an hour or two it should be ok.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
I'm reluctant on things from the outside. But that's just me. Every dragon owner is different.

You could bake them, soak them in a small bleach solution - boil them. I like hard environments I get from a petstore that can be dishwashed, boiled and sanitized.

But I'm neurotic, LoL... ;)

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
same thing. baked wood makes your house smell like you have a fireplace :) I prefer anti-bacterial soap for wood. I'm not sure how correct it is though, but I haven't had any problems. I just worry about bleach being absorbed into the wood and not getting it all out. I thought soap if ingested would be safer.

oh and before you bake rocks make sure they are completely dry first. They can crack and break if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom