Roaches and Flea bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Ok, our cat brought in fleas. I know we all have to leave the house for at least 6 hours, but what I'm wondering is if the roaches should be ok back in the room after the 6 hours, because it is pesticide.

I've never been in this situation before especially with roaches. (don't have any beardies at the moment.)

Has anyone had to do this before?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think it would be safe to keep your roaches in the house while it is being pesticide bombed. Can you not take it with you? Or have a friend hold it for the day?

-Brandon

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Not while it's being bombed, just after the 6 hours when it's safe for humans and pets to re-enter. I'm just worried about the roaches because they're insects and pesticide kills insects lol.

It's about 80 during the day here, so I can leave them outside with no problem at all for 6 hours or all day if need be. I just need to know if it will be safe to bring them back in or will there be traces of it still left in the room?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am really not sure sorry.

Is it possible that you ask the people who are pesticide bombing your house? Or if you are doing it yourself, possibly call the number on the can?

If that is the temp outside, maybe it would be safe to leave them outside for a day or something.

-Brandon

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok, I will try to leave them outside all day. As for the night time, it gets to be around 60 at night. Will they be okay for a night with no heat?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Uh :s its a tricky situation. I think it would be best if you could have them stay at a friends house for a day or two.
Or call the people and check.

-Brandon

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok, maybe I'll run an extension cord out the window for the heat pads. There are absolutely no people I know that would willingly put roaches in their house lol.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should work.

Don't run the extension cord while the house is being bombed though. I don't know what the warnings are on the bug bombs but I wouldn't want an extension cord running through my house while there is a ton of gas in my house.

-Brandon

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh yea, I forgot we have plugs outside xD. I never use them but I will use them for this. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom