Ripleys 2nd eggo adventure!

Nabewolf

ok so back in april my girl Ripley laid her very first clutch, i didnt ever realise that she was gravid at the time and had figured she was just really bored and wanted out of her tank. she ended up laying them in her tank one night while i was at work.... all 30 of them lol they were infertile since i hadnt let my male near her yet since at the time he was like half her size siunce he was only like maybe 6months at the time. so now im almost positive she is gravid again as she is displaying the same characteristics as last time, whats odd is she like the stand and scratch and the sides and mostly the back of her tank and not the acrylic doors, however she does still have an appetite, i just fed her 6-7 supers covered in calcium and she gobbled them down as fast as my hand brought it to her lol. this time im kinda sorta ready? ive 2 totes to use for her laying ill attach pics of both. ive got the smaller tote sticking into her tank with a hole cutout so she can go into it if she feels the need to dig or lay, the other larger tote im still working on(it wont have a door, so ill have to put her in it) but this one is what im gonna start using if she doesnt lay in the other in the next day or 2. in both im using a mix of playsand and scotts premium top soil (saw it recommended in a couple laybox guides), wasnt expecting the topsoil to have sticks and rocks in it, had to use my pasta collander to sift out the non crushable stuff for the tub in her tank, gotta sift out what i already poured into the larger tote. im trying to use a 50/50 mix of the 2. ill attach pics of both layboxes and the results of her first clutch. the clear tote is the enclosed box i will use if she wont use the one i put in the tank, that wont probably wont do the trick but it was a passing idea i had for an used tub to hopefully reduce stress since its in her tank where she can feel safe. also a video i was watching last night from what seemed to be a breeder said that they will leave them in the lay box for a day and a night and if they didnt lay they dont put them back in it without a full days break and then repeat, is that a good idea? my living room where she and my male are(they are right next to each other and cant see each other) doesnt go below 73.

Attachments

• rips first eggos.jpg
    rips first eggos.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 130
  • rips first eggos 2.jpg
    rips first eggos 2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 87
  • rips 2nd eggo adventure5.jpg
    rips 2nd eggo adventure5.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 85
  • rips 2nd eggo adventure2.jpg
    rips 2nd eggo adventure2.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 94
  • rips tank laybox.jpg
    rips tank laybox.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 84
  • rips 2nd eggo adventure4.jpg
    rips 2nd eggo adventure4.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 86
  • ripleys 2nd eggo adventure.jpg
    ripleys 2nd eggo adventure.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 94
  • rips 2nd eggo adventure3.jpg
    rips 2nd eggo adventure3.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 90

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well it looks like Ripley will take to her laybox so that's a good thing but she might still decide to lay them out in the tank which is fine too. I wouldn't leave a beardie in a laybox for an entire day, it's not as warm and if they're totally closed in it could be stressful. She'll be fine just the way you have her set up. If I could make one suggestion it would be to put her on a little diet, she's kind of fluffy and you don't want her to get too heavy. Fewer insects , especially superworms, and more veggies + greens.

Nabewolf

Original Poster
Well it looks like Ripley will take to her laybox so that's a good thing but she might still decide to lay them out in the tank which is fine too. I wouldn't leave a beardie in a laybox for an entire day, it's not as warm and if they're totally closed in it could be stressful. She'll be fine just the way you have her set up. If I could make one suggestion it would be to put her on a little diet, she's kind of fluffy and you don't want her to get too heavy. Fewer insects , especially superworms, and more veggies + greens.
yeah she and aragorn both get salads everyday and where as he gets his bugs every other day, usually dubias for both dragons, she only gets her bugs once maybe twice a week, because i noticed she was a bit chunky even after she laid her first clutch lol

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom