Rip buddy bear:(

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
This is a pet memorial but not a beardie one(Reggie is still alive and well). This is about my dog buddy. April 1st will mark a year since he passed away. Buddy showed up on our porch not very long after we moved into our house. He showed up skinny and scared with ears that looked like they were cropped at home. He was so sweet since the day he showed up. After a week or 2 I'd say we were able to get him in the house. He's been ours ever since. He was around 8 months old when he showed up. He was around 7 when he passed. We discovered he had a problem with eating things he wasn't supposed to pretty soon. He had to have roughly 2 or 3 vet visits for it and a surgery. He started having seizures as well. They didn't affect him to bad tho. Unfortunately he got into something again last year. He couldn't keep his food down which meant he couldn't keep his seizure meds down. He had a second surgery which was already hard on him. He couldn't stop seizing afterwards. A day after the surgery he had multiple in a row. He couldn't stand. He just sat on the floor rocking around. He had 0 response to our touch. We sat with him and pet him until our dad got there and they took him to the very where he got euthanized. The last memory I have of buddy is him being carried out the door by my dad. Buddy was the best dog I could've ever asked for. He was an 120 pound cane corso. Anyone who met buddy loved him. He was scared of men but adored women. The vets regularly said how amazing he was and how the breed is normally not as friendly as he is. I will never ever forget my sweet buddy bear.

This is buddy laying his massive head in my lap, taking a nap, wearing my pride flag, and begging for food
IMG_20220121_110429.jpg

IMG_20211123_074304.jpg
Screenshot_20230328_091540_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_145637_kindlephoto-49930175.jpg
    IMG_20211220_145637_kindlephoto-49930175.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 67

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
This is a pet memorial but not a beardie one(Reggie is still alive and well). This is about my dog buddy. April 1st will mark a year since he passed away. Buddy showed up on our porch not very long after we moved into our house. He showed up skinny and scared with ears that looked like they were cropped at home. He was so sweet since the day he showed up. After a week or 2 I'd say we were able to get him in the house. He's been ours ever since. He was around 8 months old when he showed up. He was around 7 when he passed. We discovered he had a problem with eating things he wasn't supposed to pretty soon. He had to have roughly 2 or 3 vet visits for it and a surgery. He started having seizures as well. They didn't affect him to bad tho. Unfortunately he got into something again last year. He couldn't keep his food down which meant he couldn't keep his seizure meds down. He had a second surgery which was already hard on him. He couldn't stop seizing afterwards. A day after the surgery he had multiple in a row. He couldn't stand. He just sat on the floor rocking around. He had 0 response to our touch. We sat with him and pet him until our dad got there and they took him to the very where he got euthanized. The last memory I have of buddy is him being carried out the door by my dad. Buddy was the best dog I could've ever asked for. He was an 120 pound cane corso. Anyone who met buddy loved him. He was scared of men but adored women. The vets regularly said how amazing he was and how the breed is normally not as friendly as he is. I will never ever forget my sweet buddy bear.

This is buddy laying his massive head in my lap, taking a nap, wearing my pride flag, and begging for food
View attachment 79130
View attachment 79133 View attachment 79131
What a beautiful dog! So sorry for your loss, and sincere hope that your pain is manageable and you have good support.
R.I.P. Buddy.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom