Rip Ash

I'm having a much more difficult time than I ever thought I would with this but my friend just died last Wednesday and I'm a bit torn up over it. I've been wanting to come on here and post about it but couldn't gather up the words. I finally sign in and see this memorial area so that's amazing.

He was close to 7 years old and I can't stop thinking about what I could have done differently. I knew something was off the last few months. He barely moved and wouldn't eat anything. I even tried force feeding him through a syringe but after a week of that he started getting real angry with me... Shaking his head, his spikes got harder than I've ever felt and were stabbing into me.

Now I'm in this weird place where I don't want to erase him from my family's lives but having his empty tank linger around in our living room just brings back memories all day long. Sorry if this is weird but he was a family member to me and I feel so terrible because I've had kids over the last few years and once the kids came, it was more difficult to bring him to play every single day like I used to. I constantly feel like I let him down and he was depressed.

Thanks for reading. It feels good to get this out. People around me don't understand.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They did not.
That is too bad - did they go over the blood work at all? If his levels were low that would of been a red flag - I would look at getting a new vet in the future - we can post a website for you to find one if the need arises - anytime a dragon stops moving that is a red flag there -

nickanthony

Original Poster
That is too bad - did they go over the blood work at all? If his levels were low that would of been a red flag - I would look at getting a new vet in the future - we can post a website for you to find one if the need arises - anytime a dragon stops moving that is a red flag there -
I didn't get any details. Was just told they drew blood. It was during the end of covid so kinda awkward. I had to wait in the car for 2 hours while they had him inside. They came out and gave updates. At the end, they told me everything looked good and told me to cut his nails. They seemed to think that was hindering his movement. I should have brought him back. I should have reached out on here. I started reading everything I could find and saw a lot of successful rescues with force feeding and had high hopes for that. But again, it was all for nothing if I had his lighting wrong.

Thanks so much for looking into this and poking. I feel good that with this site's help, I can give another beardie a great life in the future.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I didn't get any details. Was just told they drew blood. It was during the end of covid so kinda awkward. I had to wait in the car for 2 hours while they had him inside. They came out and gave updates. At the end, they told me everything looked good and told me to cut his nails. They seemed to think that was hindering his movement. I should have brought him back. I should have reached out on here. I started reading everything I could find and saw a lot of successful rescues with force feeding and had high hopes for that. But again, it was all for nothing if I had his lighting wrong.

Thanks so much for looking into this and poking. I feel good that with this site's help, I can give another beardie a great life in the future.
I am sorry --- but w/ the more you learn you can prevent this from happening again -- I dont think the nails were hindering his movement unless they were so ungodly long -- I am thinking they did not have a clue as to what was going on -- it is so hard to find a good reptile vet one that knows what the hell they are doing- reach out again when your ready - someone on here can help you -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom