Ring around is stressed please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Ok so we have had ring around for about 2 weeks and he is always stressed out (black and white belly) i know his belly can be white cause it was when we got him, his breeder came over and saw his set up and loved it, we even built a special second level for basking with a carpeted ramp because hes missing toes and cant perch on logs well. :) anyway he is skidish when it comes to being taken out and his bely is always spotted. So could it have anything to do with the fact his tank is under dexters tank on the bottom level of the tank stand, the tank sits maybe 4 inches off the floor and with his handicap ramp hes sitting like a foot off the ground. could that be the problem? hes a 3-4 month old dragon and his head has been shedding this last week so idk if that has anything to do with it. PLease help i wanna make sure hes doing ok.

Grogshla

Juvie Member
mate don't stress. Beardies are hardy and when provided with care and the right setup they will flourish. You have done very well so far mate and your dragon will love you for it.
He will take 1 week or more to fully settle into his new place so just be patient. Don't handle him too much at first. Just leave your hand in the enclosure for 5 mins then take it out so he gets used to you. Keep any pets away from his tank at all times even if the glass is shut as they will get stressed. Keep his basking temp at 110 and allow him to be at 7-10 inches from his uvb at all times. Use a reptisun10 or arcadia 12 tube lamp. Nothing else will do.
Keep fresh vegies in there during the day and feed him small - med crickets 2 times a day dusted in calcium 5 times then 2 times vitamins.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok cool thanks I was really worried that he was getting stressed from being floor level

Grogshla

Juvie Member
thats ok mate you are very welcome.

He may get a little startled if alot of people are walking by but i guess he will get used to it. Don't stress. Just enjoy!

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome that really helps. Ya he is always looking out at us and run ing up and down his handi-ramp pawing at the glass. Glass dance freak!!! Lol thanks for the insight though I was very worried he would get stressed out down there...
Is it normal that he walks with his belly high off the ground almost like he is trying to keep his stomach off the ground as he walks. He walks nothing like our other beardie that's housed above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom