Ring around base of tail?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So I’ve posted on here a lot about my baby beardie, but I noticed something today. He has like a ring around the base of his tail. He’s been having issues with a prolapse for about a month or so now, got the soonest appointment I could when I noticed which is tomorrow. (Keep in mind he prolapses when he poops but it goes back in within a few mins) Could this be related to that, or maybe the start of a shed?

Attachments

• 0E6E86D0-5AFF-410C-9E76-C85A182BE224.jpeg
    0E6E86D0-5AFF-410C-9E76-C85A182BE224.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 115

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, just a small patch of shed. BTW, your dragon does not have a prolapse. When they poo you might sometimes see a small bit of tissue that briefly pops out just a bit. A vet isn't needed for that, unless you're having a fecal test done, you just have to be sure you don't feed him stuff that's too big and be sure he's well hydrated. A little canned pumpkin [ no spice added ] is good to help them if they have trouble passing a large b.m.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom