Ring around base of tail?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So I’ve posted on here a lot about my baby beardie, but I noticed something today. He has like a ring around the base of his tail. He’s been having issues with a prolapse for about a month or so now, got the soonest appointment I could when I noticed which is tomorrow. (Keep in mind he prolapses when he poops but it goes back in within a few mins) Could this be related to that, or maybe the start of a shed?

Attachments

• 0E6E86D0-5AFF-410C-9E76-C85A182BE224.jpeg
    0E6E86D0-5AFF-410C-9E76-C85A182BE224.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 115

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, just a small patch of shed. BTW, your dragon does not have a prolapse. When they poo you might sometimes see a small bit of tissue that briefly pops out just a bit. A vet isn't needed for that, unless you're having a fecal test done, you just have to be sure you don't feed him stuff that's too big and be sure he's well hydrated. A little canned pumpkin [ no spice added ] is good to help them if they have trouble passing a large b.m.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom