REX our little guy.

Anmerki

Beardie name(s)
Rex
Hello Everyone! We just got our very first Bearded Dragon - his name is Rex. Just wanted to show him off to you guys. He's 3 months old and a great eater! He is het hypo and het trans, but is also quite the stdunner haha. He is dunner and his father is Tangerine and his mother Orange (pretty sure those are basically the same..) Anyway he's a cutie and we wanted to show him off. He's my 10 year old sons but everyone in the family gets a little Rex time. The breeder we got him from works at a vet clinic, and her parents are both veterinarians, so he had a check up right before we brought him home - which was very assuring for new owners. I've been researching for a few months already on their care and I think we've got him a pretty good set up (tube light mounted inside the tank, no loose substrate, 110 basking spot temp, 90degree warm side, 78 degree cool side, eating kale and romaine with a little bee pollen, but next grocery pick up I'm going to get some mustards to add into the mix. Dubias and crickets for protein, little calcium sprinkled on with a salt shaker.) We have a dog, cat, rabbit, and a handful of chickens so whatever Rex doesn't eat - the rabbit gets as far as greens go, and the extra bugs go to the chickens. Everybody's getting treats around here 😂) Thanks for checkin in and I attached a couple of pictures my son took the other day of him.

Attachments

• IMG_6743 2.JPG
    IMG_6743 2.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6744 2.jpg
    IMG_6744 2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 84

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
WELCOME
you dunner went and made me happy :cool: Lol
Rex is a cutie. If you have any questions just ask, everyone here is very helpful.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Awwww hi lil guy! Mustards are a great green - Collards too! The fact you have got a 3 month old eating greens is something I never experienced 😂 … my girl didn’t touch a green or a veggie or a fruit until she was over a year old! At 3 months she was only down with the feeders and I mean ONLY for a long long time to come. So you’ve def got a leg up in the Greens Saga some of us go through, that’s great.

Raising a baby can be so rewarding - lots of work but lots of memories to be made, and looking back on baby photos when they get older is the coolest thing ever. Welcome to you and Rex 😊

Anmerki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rex
Awwww hi lil guy! Mustards are a great green - Collards too! The fact you have got a 3 month old eating greens is something I never experienced 😂 … my girl didn’t touch a green or a veggie or a fruit until she was over a year old! At 3 months she was only down with the feeders and I mean ONLY for a long long time to come. So you’ve def got a leg up in the Greens Saga some of us go through, that’s great.

Raising a baby can be so rewarding - lots of work but lots of memories to be made, and looking back on baby photos when they get older is the coolest thing ever. Welcome to you and Rex 😊
Thank you! Yes, the first week he wouldn’t even look at his greens. He doesn’t eat a bunch of them, but he’s probably hitting his 20% intake. It was shock and awe from everybody when he waddled on down off his log and gobbled some up!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Hi Rex!!! Welcome! This is so exciting. I wish you a wonderful journey and we are all here to support you.
Remember Rex also has to get used to his new home so he's doing great. It sounds like he's surrounded by lots of people, animals but most of all- LOVE!

Anmerki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rex
Hi Rex!!! Welcome! This is so exciting. I wish you a wonderful journey and we are all here to support you.
Remember Rex also has to get used to his new home so he's doing great. It sounds like he's surrounded by lots of people, animals but most of all- LOVE!
Yes, we’ve been giving him alone time in his tank, but still trying to do some handling. We watch his stress marks, and he hasn’t shown any in about 3 days so we’re thinking he’s getting used to all the new! Thank you for the welcome!

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Awww welcome Rex! He's absolutely adorable! My baby dragon is 3 months old as well, and he's curious about everything lol. It's awesome that he's from a good breeder. Wish little Rex all the best!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom