Rex again ! :( had a fall off lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
She was on the lounge next to me on the lounge as I was removing a poo from her enclosure, and she decided she wanted to climb down, I never let her climb off the lounge unassisted , but this time she did while my back was turned and I hear a thud on the carpet and rug as she landed on the floor. She usually tries for climb onto me or behind me when she's on the lounge next to, not today.

When I picked her up she had hard lump near in the side of her lower tummy near her hind legs but I think forward of her hips (?) , I pressed and it went back in, but she was not happy and bbed at me and hissed so I guess it hurt. Gave me real fright.
She's gone back onto the floor and seems to be trotting about normally, and made a d-line for the front window (her fav spot during the day) and seems OK now.

Will keep on eye on her for a few days incase she damaged something internal.

What should I look out for apart from not crawling, trotting with a normal quadraped movement ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oooops, poor girl ! How far a fall was it ? If she landed on carpet she should be O.K. Things to watch for are of course a black beard, lethargy, gaping and worst of all , bloody stool. I don't think you'll see any of that though, she'll prob. be fine.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
AHBD":u14eo6wi said:
Oooops, poor girl ! How far a fall was it ? If she landed on carpet she should be O.K. Things to watch for are of course a black beard, lethargy, gaping and worst of all , bloody stool. I don't think you'll see any of that though, she'll prob. be fine.

That was a good question, thought it is about 12" , just put the Stanley tape on it, the drop is 33cm.

Just took a stack of photos of the area and the other side , to monitor for swelling .
Here is one that shows the area (near but above (?) her back left hip , there is a small lump there but it's a lot smaller now)
29cs1aw.gif

BB has gone and she seems OK now , actually colouring now with a snuggle , but didn't want to stay on me very long, she's really loving her times to roam about on the floor a lot lately, and really wants to look out the window (and probably hopes the sun will start shining through there soon).

Overprotective beardie daddy .... guilty as charged ya ona .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully more scary than serious =/. It's good that the BB is gone and color is back to normal. I hope she was just a bit stunned and there are no lingering issues.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3r0ujkdp said:
Hopefully more scary than serious =/. It's good that the BB is gone and color is back to normal. I hope she was just a bit stunned and there are no lingering issues.

Yep, I probably overreacted.

Puff had a similar accident when he was particularly horny one day when he was about 2 years old , he started bbing and headbanging when spotted Rex in her enclosure and suddenly / explosively dashed across the lounge towards her and and leapt off the lounge to get to her quick as a flash even collided with the bottom of her tank when he landed with an almighty thud , he was perfectly fine after , though we were worried for a week or so (expecting something bad to happen).
I even took Puff the vet and demanded Xrays be taken despite the vet saying he thought Puff was perfectly fine.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
She seems OK today, no BB, eating OK and very anxious to get down and head up the hallway when I got her out for her crickets and buk choi, tail was up in air and she was trotting OK (beardie on a mission !!!).

No poo yet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tail up in the air is usually a good sign from what I've seen. Sounds like she's in good shape =)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
No blood in poo today either. No indication of discomfort or swelling or pain in the area where I though she had an injury.

Think she'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom