Review: Living World Ergonomic Dish, Blue, Small

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Just got one of these from Chewy.com $2.39 (Same price on Amazon)
Made in China. Also comes in pink and green (pink is more expensive :? )
I'll leave it to the reader to check the links for Description/Details.

61aBs7GDoeL._AC_SX425_.jpg

IMO, Worth this price (though at least one other site is charging ~$10.52; 20% off regular $13.15) :shock:

The one I got doesn't sit quite level; it's got a slight rock to it (a little annoying on the tile substrate), which startled ZaRDoZ a bit, but he overcame it directly (Hungry, hungry ZaRDoZ got get his num-numz). I'll probably fix it with a dab of glue or something. It is heavy/stable enough that Z (~250g) can't tip it, and I expect won't as he matures.

Holds plenty of salad & num-numz for an adult; dubias (½") can't escape over the rim unless the salad is placed too close and they climb over that (hazard w/ any bowl/dish).

Dishwasher Safe? :dontknow: The only mention I could find was in reviews on Amazon--nothing from mfr., sellers or customer questions. Guess I'll find out. :roll:
The ring base that it sits on is not glazed.

Would I buy it again, or another one? At this price, Yes. At over $10, No.

ADDENDUM 1:

I found a drawback that wasn't apparent earlier (may not apply to everyone).
ZaRDoZ' former plastic bowl had a parabolic interior, which means he could see the entire interior/contents from any point along the rim. This new bowl, due to its flat bottom, relatively straight sides, and lip has blind spots from any point along the rim. The result was, he left an uneaten super worm (unheard of--they're like jello with him--always room for more :roll: ) and several uneaten roaches (not unheard of, but rare).

It's also more difficult to clean than the former bowl, especially under the rim.

ADDENDUM 2:

After using this bowl for several days, I'm actually thinking of scrapping it. It does have some nice features, but because of the drawback I mentioned in ADDENDUM 1, a lot of roaches are going uneaten, hiding in the darker corners/recesses of the bowl (hiding from light/exposure IS how roaches do). But I'm also finding uneaten super worms. I never found any uneaten feeders in the open-top parabolic bowl. Num-num-num-num-num! :x

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is a great price.

I bought one recently that was 6 bucks and it's so stinking small it's useless to me. Do you have a picture of Zardoz eating out of it so I can see a size comparison? I might have to pick up a few.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks great but I dont need one now - I got 2 of those from Sympton but the large roaches can get out of them --- and the medium as well but like it was mentioned earlier the salad has to be right there by the edge for them to get out and I paid way more than that - mine are glass as well and I paid like $15 for them but they are big
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
KarrieRee":2tvve46t said:
Looks great but I dont need one now - I got 2 of those from Sympton but the large roaches can get out of them --- and the medium as well but like it was mentioned earlier the salad has to be right there by the edge for them to get out and I paid way more than that - mine are glass as well and I paid like $15 for them but they are big
Karrie

Yeah, i got the small one from symton for 6 bucks, and it's a joke lol. I only bought it because it was a discount add-on to my order, but there was no picture of it. I just assumed small didn't mean.. well... small

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
As of Today, he's 23 wks±, 16", 230g
Blame the focus on me and the fact that he's in mid-yoink of that super worm.
And yes, he's a slob. :roll:
105703-251705871.jpg

If you check the links, they do make at least one larger size (prices vary).
FWIW, if it isn't obvious, these are glazed ceramic--not glass.

I just checked Symton, and I'd point out that this is an entirely different product.
(There are pictures now.)

This "Small" measures 3.5" dia. x 1⅜" (shallow side height)
Symton's "Small" says 2¾" dia x ¾" high

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have a green one that size and, a large blue one. Peaches didn't have an issue eating out of the small one but Charlie did so I got the large one to make it easier but, you know Charlie, lol!!! He just plain refuses to eat out of either of them. So his spoiled self will only ea t his bugs from his "cut crystal bowl" geeeeze!!!!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
As a review, I will have to say these bowls are well worth the money.
I originally bought one to be able to feed dubias without having to set and watch for escapees and, it worked well for that. As long as I kept the bowl clear of bug splatter the roaches had nothing to grip to, to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom