Retained shed on toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Saphira
Not sure if this is an emergency or not but I would rather be safe than sorry since I’m a new beardie mom. I spotted this while holding my beardie and at the moment she is shedding so I’m thinking it’s retained shed. I’m looking for any advice or to know whether or not to schedule a vet appointment for tomorrow morning. She doesn’t act like it’s bothering her or hurting her but I’m new to this and would really appreciate any advice

Attachments

• 56576E61-9CD5-4F6C-BF4D-0DB90DA4B0C4.jpeg
    56576E61-9CD5-4F6C-BF4D-0DB90DA4B0C4.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 158

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure if this is an emergency or not but I would rather be safe than sorry since I’m a new beardie mom. I spotted this while holding my beardie and at the moment she is shedding so I’m thinking it’s retained shed. I’m looking for any advice or to know whether or not to schedule a vet appointment for tomorrow morning. She doesn’t act like it’s bothering her or hurting her but I’m new to this and would really appreciate any advice
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you mean the long toe that has a crimp in it ? That's very common, might have been nipped or had a slight injury, looks fine and may just fall off on it's own. That sounds harsh but this is very common and unless the toe became infected, swollen, turning black it's no problem.

ThunderStruckX

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Saphira
Do you mean the long toe that has a crimp in it ? That's very common, might have been nipped or had a slight injury, looks fine and may just fall off on it's own. That sounds harsh but this is very common and unless the toe became infected, swollen, turning black it's no problem.
Awesome so glad it’s not emergent! Thank you so much 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom