RESPIRATORY INFECTION????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your thread didn't get checked on until now! How is he doing today, is he still improving?
They definitely keep us on our toes. You can put some antibiotic ointment on the nostril if you feel it still needs some
help shedding off. If the nostril has stuck shed on it then it definitely clogs their breathing.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
Hello,

So sorry your thread didn't get checked on until now! How is he doing today, is he still improving?
They definitely keep us on our toes. You can put some antibiotic ointment on the nostril if you feel it still needs some
help shedding off. If the nostril has stuck shed on it then it definitely clogs their breathing.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
He hasn’t done anymore mouth breathing that I have seen, other than gaping. But his nose has yellow crust all around it in both nostrils, I’m not sure if it’s shed or dried mucous. I’ve kept a non light emitting ceramic heater on a night to boost his immune system just in case and I feel like that had been helping. Still eating (he’s super picky so eating as much as he normally does at least) and no black beard still.

pkuzda12

My dragon is gaping alot more than usual,, his lungs seem to be functioning the same though, his breathing looks relaxed not stressed and hes eating normally and active, i rearranged his lights so maybe the temperature is just hotter or he found a better position to bask, my gut tells me hes completely fine, hes just gaping more, his posture is also the same as always and hes alert, breathing doesnt look like hes using any extra effort so maybe its just the positioning of the lamps or the spot hes choosing, i really think hes fine though, any advice

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
When he’s gaping how long does he gape before he moves off the basking area? When he moves away does he stay out of the hottest area for a while then back to higher heat? Is the area he’s basking and gaping a lot have the most UVB and heat? Maybe it’s hotter in that sweet spot with the best uvb output? I know mine likes to have an area directly under the middle of his t5 with slightly less heat but stronger uvb the middle of the bulb directly underneath is the strongest uvb he goes there first thing in the morning then moves to hotter areas gradually as the morning goes on.

pkuzda12

When he’s gaping how long does he gape before he moves off the basking area? When he moves away does he stay out of the hottest area for a while then back to higher heat? Is the area he’s basking and gaping a lot have the most UVB and heat? Maybe it’s hotter in that sweet spot with the best uvb output? I know mine likes to have an area directly under the middle of his t5 with slightly less heat but stronger uvb the middle of the bulb directly underneath is the strongest uvb he goes there first thing in the morning then moves to hotter areas gradually as the morning goes on.
I think its a more comfortable range of heat for him possibly, theres not alot of uvb in this spot he has a log that goes up the side where he can get closer to the uvb he does that throughout the day too this spot is directly under pne of the basking bulbs, the weaker basking bulb though which is why i thought it was weird, but maybe the other spot is just getting too hot where the higher wattage bulb is,i think its probably just his basking spot now because nothing seems off about him at all, if anything the temperature is better for him in this new spot because he gravitates towards this spot now

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I think its a more comfortable range of heat for him possibly, theres not alot of uvb in this spot he has a log that goes up the side where he can get closer to the uvb he does that throughout the day too this spot is directly under pne of the basking bulbs, the weaker basking bulb though which is why i thought it was weird, but maybe the other spot is just getting too hot where the higher wattage bulb is,i think its probably just his basking spot now because nothing seems off about him at all, if anything the temperature is better for him in this new spot because he gravitates towards this spot now
Yeah you know your dragon best and obviously have spent a lot of time observing like me lol 😂. As long as there options for temperatures and uvb preferences I wouldn’t worry. That’s funny about basking underneath the weaker basking bulb my guy has two different basking area and spends a lot of his time under the smaller wattage one?

pkuzda12

Yeah you know your dragon best and obviously have spent a lot of time observing like me lol 😂. As long as there options for temperatures and uvb preferences I wouldn’t worry. That’s funny about basking underneath the weaker basking bulb my guy has two different basking area and spends a lot of his time under the smaller wattage one?
Yeah, its bad, i have horrible ocd with any pets in general except dogs because just in general a dog its much easier to tell when they are not themself, they.will almost tell you, alot of other animals arent like that, but yes now hes into the lower wattage spot i just added that he only really had hot and cool before now its very hot, hot, cool, hes about 4 months and change, im going to put him in a 75 gallon soon i bought him in one tabk got charged for it, than bought another one, lol i shouldve just bought the large tank from the jump

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I made the same mistake should have bought the bigger enclosure right off the bat. I am very OCD with reptiles to. I have a blue tongue skink to worry about to lol. I noticed a big change when I added some more heat on the cool side to raise the ambient temperatures up to high 70’s low 80’s he actually uses the whole enclosure now before he never used the cool side. Which to me is a waste of space if they never use the cool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom