Rescuing Simon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
As long as the room is warm you don't need a CHE, if she needs to lay she will do it when the urge comes on. The tail looks O.K to me unless it's changed but it's up to you for that decision. Good to let it go for now and let her have time to lay if she needs to.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
As long as the room is warm you don't need a CHE, if she needs to lay she will do it when the urge comes on. The tail looks O.K to me unless it's changed but it's up to you for that decision. Good to let it go for now and let her have time to lay if she needs to.
I think its okay for now too since it hasn't progressed. The vet thinks that the black skin (very black around trauma) is dead and won't heal so amputation is best. I'm hoping it will fall off on its own but I don't know how long that would take. Here's some more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpeg
    IMG_4879.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4880.jpeg
    IMG_4880.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4883.jpeg
    IMG_4883.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 72

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It sux about her tail, but she is so much better off now. She looks quite content in that pic :)

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Tail is honestly looking the same or better. Not progressing. If it does heal on its own does anyone know the max amount of time that could take? I’m assuming soft-tissue injury can take longer for animals with scales. I’ve had her about two months and I started treating the tail with betadine probably a month ago now. I’m now doing betadine closer to every other day, I don’t want to kill all the good bacteria that could be helping it heal. Doc thought the black part was fully dead tissue but I’m not sure I agree. I think it may have just been infected/irritated. Anyways, I am thinking she might get to skip any amputation and just heal it naturally :) In photo attached it has neosporin on it. It’s gonna shed soon too so it will be good to see how things look after that.

Side note: I’ve been hand feeding treats but this seems to be backfiring. She now tries to bite my hand when I’m not holding treats lol. It’s pretty funny but I’m still going to rehome her and I don’t want her to pick up this behavior. It definitely a confusion with treat it’s not aggressive biting.

Her main nickname is “Crazy” hahaha

Also I have officially uploaded a profile for her on RescueMe.com
Her adoption fee is kind of high but I figured it should still be a good deal for also getting all the supplies she needs. Plus I want her to go to someone who is ready to make a commitment to an animal ❤️ I’m gonna miss her 😭

Still need to check on her gravid situation and tail healing before I can give her up of course. I am thinking she could have reabsorbed the eggs but I’ll need to do bloodwork or x-ray to confirm that. Her gravid symptoms (restlessness) have been slowly fading but she is still eating a lot and seems healthy.

Attachments

• 769E0BCC-B873-4D54-84C9-B5E85CCD976D.jpeg
    769E0BCC-B873-4D54-84C9-B5E85CCD976D.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 77

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It does seem to look a little better, i have one that is very food motivated also(i posted about it a day or two ago). She watches my hands like a hawk lol.
This girl is super lucky you came and saved her. I hope when you rehome her she gets a forever home that loves and cares for her like you do!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tail is honestly looking the same or better. Not progressing. If it does heal on its own does anyone know the max amount of time that could take? I’m assuming soft-tissue injury can take longer for animals with scales. I’ve had her about two months and I started treating the tail with betadine probably a month ago now. I’m now doing betadine closer to every other day, I don’t want to kill all the good bacteria that could be helping it heal. Doc thought the black part was fully dead tissue but I’m not sure I agree. I think it may have just been infected/irritated. Anyways, I am thinking she might get to skip any amputation and just heal it naturally :) In photo attached it has neosporin on it. It’s gonna shed soon too so it will be good to see how things look after that.

Side note: I’ve been hand feeding treats but this seems to be backfiring. She now tries to bite my hand when I’m not holding treats lol. It’s pretty funny but I’m still going to rehome her and I don’t want her to pick up this behavior. It definitely a confusion with treat it’s not aggressive biting.

Her main nickname is “Crazy” hahaha

Also I have officially uploaded a profile for her on RescueMe.com
Her adoption fee is kind of high but I figured it should still be a good deal for also getting all the supplies she needs. Plus I want her to go to someone who is ready to make a commitment to an animal ❤️ I’m gonna miss her 😭

Still need to check on her gravid situation and tail healing before I can give her up of course. I am thinking she could have reabsorbed the eggs but I’ll need to do bloodwork or x-ray to confirm that. Her gravid symptoms (restlessness) have been slowly fading but she is still eating a lot and seems healthy.
@AHBD

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Simon update!

She is doing great :) today marks 7 weeks into being gravid so she should’ve payed by now but I personally think she reabsorbed the eggs or reversed it somehow, but I will be going to the vet next week to make sure there’s no egg-binding.

I was wonder if anyone had any good tank recommendations… I’m going to try to find her a forever home but if I can sell her 40 gallon for a good price then I figured I could upgrade her before sending her off. I attached a photo of the tank I found that might be a good fit. Only difference is the side mesh and price, dimensions are the same. Have not been able to find any used ones but if I can sell her 40 gallon for $100 or $120 it might be affordable. Let me know if this is a good quality tank!

I’m just really gonna miss her and want to give her the best setup ever before I have to say goodbye ❤️

Attachments

• 7DEC68F3-B75A-4D63-A530-76F1182A2F8A.jpg
    7DEC68F3-B75A-4D63-A530-76F1182A2F8A.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 3E3D43DE-589B-4A99-AD00-EC9993BD6E67.jpg
    3E3D43DE-589B-4A99-AD00-EC9993BD6E67.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Simon update!

She is doing great :) today marks 7 weeks into being gravid so she should’ve payed by now but I personally think she reabsorbed the eggs or reversed it somehow, but I will be going to the vet next week to make sure there’s no egg-binding.

I was wonder if anyone had any good tank recommendations… I’m going to try to find her a forever home but if I can sell her 40 gallon for a good price then I figured I could upgrade her before sending her off. I attached a photo of the tank I found that might be a good fit. Only difference is the side mesh and price, dimensions are the same. Have not been able to find any used ones but if I can sell her 40 gallon for $100 or $120 it might be affordable. Let me know if this is a good quality tank!

I’m just really gonna miss her and want to give her the best setup ever before I have to say goodbye ❤️
I would not do side mesh - if she climbs it she will get her nails stuck in it--

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I would not do side mesh - if she climbs it she will get her nails stuck in it--
Love those options but I’m looking for something a little smaller, affordable, and all glass. She (unlike most beardies) actually likes being able to see out all directions. I’m not sure what her new home will be like but she loves looking out this window (light doesn’t come straight through it so no overheating concerns).

Attachments

• 0349CA75-57EB-415C-986B-BB1844FF54B1.jpeg
    0349CA75-57EB-415C-986B-BB1844FF54B1.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 62

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man I'm so happy with the success you have had with her.
I still say your a hero.
If there us anyone near where you live that build fish aquariums, you might get what you want that way. Thats how i got 2 of my 4x2x2 and i think i gave like 300 each for them, both are front opening to.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Simon is doing great, tail looks good, healed on its own and was cleared by the vet!

Gravid status is still a questionable. She has had symptoms of being gravid for almost 9 weeks now but no digging and no signs of laying yet. Her appetite is great and she is still restless but she does “chill out” sometimes. I let her run around the house for hours every day. She has a laybox in the house and a smaller one in her tank but she has not tried digging. Because of her lack of interest in them I’ve let them dry out a bit but I can make the sand wet again if I notice her trying to dig around the house.

Vet took more x-rays and thinks that there’s not much to worry about as long as she is eating and acting healthy. Vet hopes she will reabsorb any follicles/eggs. I’m not sure if the reproductive activity in her belly is follicles or fully formed eggs so I’m posting the x-rays here; labeled “L”. (I’m also posting the x-rays from august 15th for comparison; labeled “R”).

I’d like to get her to her forever home but I’m not sure I should move her until this whole gravid thing is fully worked out. Or would that be okay?

Attachments

• D130DCD8-5B2A-4A17-8162-C97A376949F3.jpeg
    D130DCD8-5B2A-4A17-8162-C97A376949F3.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 5ACCA7AE-F5EC-424A-8342-C4092AB00592.jpeg
    5ACCA7AE-F5EC-424A-8342-C4092AB00592.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 13A340BC-5C88-492B-85F7-FB4212B30F18.jpeg
    13A340BC-5C88-492B-85F7-FB4212B30F18.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 63

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom