Rescued a Tegu

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
You know lobretto I've got more advice from you than I have an actual tegu forum. That forum sucks 😏I love my beardy.org family. I rethink the pond thing that sounds like a headache. Thanks for the heads up she does throw fits and does throw her bowl around. I guess that would have been a bad decision on my part now that i think about it. 😆the brick is also a great idea her nails are getting long already thank God in doing this soon. Colony inside is also good idea. What kind of cleaner bugs do you ise and where you get them? XP you dod pretty good with her name actually 😆 better than most. Mine kiddos are 5 and 6 so not ready for stuff like that quite yet. Thats a good thought for the future though. " You want $ 10 for the movies scoop up all that poo hahaha. Tha k you for the Frey'ja hatchling comment I think she would too. Shes Trans,Citrus Tiger, 100%Het Hypo. What adults are you looking for friend. I know a few reputable breeders I can contact
I use springtails, powder blue isopods, giant orange isopods, and dwarf striped grey isopods, and some mealworm bettles. Then obviously the roaches. It works well, the isopods will have a giant tegu poo gone within 24 hours, its impressive, the springtails control any mold and or fungus, and the roaches and beetles do wonders at picking up the scraps of food the tegus fling about, such messy eaters. Most people can't watch a tegu eat a rodent...its so damn violent and messy. I do frozen thawed and even that doesn't stop them from ragdolling the rat, whipping it back and forth flinging bits of blood, hair, and even tissue around.

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Frey'ja is a genetic powerhouse!!! She looks way different as a baby, but was gorgeous then to.
I'm wanting to work with leatherback, hypo, trans, whits, and zero for sure, maybe g stripe and dunner also at some point. But other than hypo i want them to be het, not visuals. (I realize leatherback, dunner,and g stripe are all dominant genes, so hets are harder to get). I think hypo is ok to breed visual to visual but most others are not.
Most morphs are just fine to breed together visual or not. The two that need to be avoided is trans on trans as that leads to so many issues that often lead to death in the first days to weeks of life all for the chance at a paradox that is isn't a true morph and can not be reproduced, people who bread for paradox are scarficing many lives for a designer lizard that can not be reproduced by breeding with another paradox, its a paradox not morph. The other being 2 leatherback as this is the road to silkies which also are special needs and most get adopted by people who are none the wiser and they end up dieing. Hypo on hypo is fine, zero on zero, witblits on witblits, yada yada, haven't seen any real issues with these pairings. Remeber a lot of this has to do more with the genetic bottleneck caused by excessive inbreeding then it does the actual gene pairing.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you 😁 so ooh yeah thats alot as far as who can mate woth who and why.... Im not familiar with if I wanted to breed id have to learn alot. So right now your looking for adult leatherback with those traits, and zero with those traits ?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was aware of the leather to leather, and trans to trans, although i just found out why on the trans to trans recently, good info is really hard to find, best i can tell there isn't any comprehensive guild, mostly word of mouth. I want to work with hets for 1 just to be safe, and for 2 because the idea of taking two beardies that look normal and producing stunning babies is appealing to me. At some point i think i may want to work with the easterns as well. The very main reason I'm looking for gentics though is that i was really concerned about putting babies into a home that would neglect them, i have had a few breeders and someone i know that worked with zoo's tell me that if i breed higher end beardies, then higher end keepers will likely be who buys them, so less chance of putting them in a bad home. It kindda makes sence i guess.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Few more baby pics lol

Attachments

• 109225-7218873687.jpg
    109225-7218873687.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 109225-3267608243.jpg
    109225-3267608243.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 78

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I love that that matters to you. Cuz we all know there are lot of people out there that just get then cuz there cool and pit then through he'll. Your good people XP

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thank you 😁 so ooh yeah thats alot as far as who can mate woth who and why.... Im not familiar with if I wanted to breed id have to learn alot. So right now your looking for adult leatherback with those traits, and zero with those traits ?
Actually I'm nit looking for a visual leatherback i have a nale and female already, two visuals can produce silkies and i want to avoid doing that. A zero female would be fine depending on her hets. Zen is het for zero and wits, so i can produce both from him.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I use springtails, powder blue isopods, giant orange isopods, and dwarf striped grey isopods, and some mealworm bettles. Then obviously the roaches. It works well, the isopods will have a giant tegu poo gone within 24 hours, its impressive, the springtails control any mold and or fungus, and the roaches and beetles do wonders at picking up the scraps of food the tegus fling about, such messy eaters. Most people can't watch a tegu eat a rodent...its so damn violent and messy. I do frozen thawed and even that doesn't stop them from ragdolling the rat, whipping it back and forth flinging bits of blood, hair, and even tissue around

I am really looking forward to see those cleaners crew work. Love feedings are intense i did one awhile back that was pretty brutal. The bones crunching makes my wife cringe. She only eats them once a great moon though anyway.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok so a zero het female and a non visual leatherback? If so what gender ? Or you say you have the leathers covered?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yeah but I'm looking for hypo,het hypo, trans also. Thats why I'm having trouble finding adults. I'm trying to cheat and not develop the original pairings myself (it will save me several years just getting to where i want to start) i can find babies with the combos I'm looking for but adults are harder, babies put me back to at least 2 to 2 1/2 years to raise them.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom