Rescued a Tegu

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow she is beautiful. I love tegus but they just get to big for me to keep (for now, i bought a ranch in Arizona so maybe soon......) I get so mad when people get pets then neglect them. Seeing stories here by people who SAVE them however is heart warming. It gives me faith there are still good people in the world.
On another note Clints reptiles on YouTube has a great video on sight training tegu at feeding time. He wants to keep all his digits lol. It might be worthwhile to check it out, your girl is gonna get big and they have very strong food response.
Keep posting updates please she is gorgeous

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you so much we adore her. We also couldn’t keep big lizards like that when we lived in California. We have since moved to Arkansas on a piece of land and built a small home (cabin) now we’ve got the space and it’s awesome. Congratulations on purchasing your ranch! We Love Arizona. Our family is spread all over that area Cali,AZ,NV. Thanks for the love we really enjoy having her around and will gladly continue to post on this thread. Our next big move is building a permanent enclosure like 8 long. So that will be exciting. I will most def check out the clints vids. Thank you a yeah I’m down for all the advice and learning I can get. She kind of fell into our lap so we are learning more as we go.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The folks at snake discovery have a tegu and post vids also, but im not sure they have any that gives husbandry advice . Emily on that channel and clint as well are both college trained and dedicated to the reptile community. Any time i get conflicting info i go see if they have a video lol.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yes I know of snake discovery I’ll dove into that more too! Thank you. Yeah these days you really have to cross reference everything there is a lot of conflicting info out there.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Most current photos we put her in a bigger tank but she needs bigger money is just tight right now lumbers expensive. Soon though!

Attachments

• 20220629_105857_HDR.jpg
    20220629_105857_HDR.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 16565184898604136801505064647296.jpg
    16565184898604136801505064647296.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 102

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Got a couple cool new photos of Raven here and one of which she's in the holiday spirit.

Attachments

• 20220704_141133.jpg
    20220704_141133.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220705_104335.jpg
    20220705_104335.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 85

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man she is gorgeous, looks happy to.
Is she comfortable enough to come cuddle in your lap on her own yet?
I've seen videos of very puppy like tegu.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you. She is still pretty hyper out of enclosure but we are working on it she is getting more use to us. Doesn't show much attitude ever and no food aggressions. She only poops in water everyday she poops in her water dish. So yeah shes teachable and sweet.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man i want a tegu so bad. Just not enough room here. But we recently bought land so maybe one day :cool:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
She's becoming a big girl!
Hows it going ? Hows Warrior and Hazel doing? Yeah shes getting huge !
When I pull her out I have to put her straight to the floor because she's gotten so heavy and she's so strong that when she starts to squirm it's hard to control her lol

Attachments

• 16578292635627904576169379018911.jpg
    16578292635627904576169379018911.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 81

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom