Rescued a Tegu

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Oh Hazel and Warrior are doing fun. His infection on his arm is getting much better. Warrior Is getting big as well! Hazel does has a little trouble growing but other than that, Great!:)

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
I love tegus, I actually have 2. One is a possible het for hypo red male. Hes going on 4ft. The other is a possible het for albino Ruby Red hybrid (a cross between red, blue, and black and white). If you didn't know red, blue, and black and white are not morphs they are locals of different areas but still the same species. One of the ultimate foods is a raw dog food. I use a local butcher shops and it's a mix of turkey, turkey neck, bone, organs, veggies and salmon oil. I also have an 8x4 bioactive enclosure that breeds dubias so they get to forage whenever they want.

Attachments

• 20200828_115420.jpg
    20200828_115420.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 97

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Wouldn't keep one for myself though as I already have two reptiles and gonna get a dog and two reptiles are a HANDFUL!!
The big red male is my dog lol. He was originally going to be named deeohgee but my niece was with me when I got him years ago and she kept saying I love this frog. I decided a better name would be Frogdog and I call him Frodo for short lol. He will fallow me around and beg for pets. If he's out and tired he always climbs into my bed and naps under the covers lol. When you rub his big fat cheeks he chuffs which is like grunting with pleasure. He's just a big ol scaly dog lol.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
She is so beautiful and not much difference between temps and uvb other than tegus like it a bit hotter. If anyone on here has a tegu will you tell me general care? I’ve got the hot side to 109.8 and 77 cool side. Keeping the humidity between 70-80. Running a T5 zoo med 10.0 reptisun about 10 inches from bask spot (on top of screen). Nighttime temp was about 79f. She’s about a 1 1/2 years old and I’m offering food daily. If someone could just give me the quick husbandry needs and care. Just want to make sure she is being taken care of as best we can. She ate a lot of chicken yesterday and looks a little plumper I can see all the bones on her sides and back. Be much happier when we can’t anyway thanks for your time and here’s a pic of the little beauty.
okay, I got so excited with this post I tagged some of you that are already here (I have since deleted it). Lobretto, you have done an amazing job- keep it up. This is truly a success story- a quick turn around. I can't wait to see how things continue to progress. Please keep this thread active. Many of us are so interested!

Last edited:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I love tegus, I actually have 2. One is a possible het for hypo red male. Hes going on 4ft. The other is a possible het for albino Ruby Red hybrid (a cross between red, blue, and black and white). If you didn't know red, blue, and black and white are not morphs they are locals of different areas but still the same species. One of the ultimate foods is a raw dog food. I use a local butcher shops and it's a mix of turkey, turkey neck, bone, organs, veggies and salmon oil. I also have an 8x4 bioactive enclosure that breeds dubias so they get to forage whenever they want.
Wow how freaking cool! I love it !!! Fish oil that's something ive read into and will be doing also. The necks as well. Thank you so much for sharing this Lobretto!

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Wow how freaking cool! I love it !!! Fish oil that's something ive read into and will be doing also. The necks as well. Thank you so much for sharing this Lobretto!
Yeah the salmon oil is loaded with omega fatty acids and it helps to keep them regular. You can do store bought whole necks but you gotta pulverize them with a hammer first. I prefer a nice raw dog food that has already ground the neck and bone up into the food.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah the salmon oil is loaded with omega fatty acids and it helps to keep them regular. You can do store bought whole necks but you gotta pulverize them with a hammer first. I prefer a nice raw dog food that has already ground the neck and bone up into the food.
Ok yeah thanks I'm gonna get her some oil and gonna hit town after work and see what I can't find. Great looking kiddos btw

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom