Rescued a Tegu

xp29

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby & Snicker Doodle
Wow she is beautiful. I love tegus but they just get to big for me to keep (for now, i bought a ranch in Arizona so maybe soon......) I get so mad when people get pets then neglect them. Seeing stories here by people who SAVE them however is heart warming. It gives me faith there are still good people in the world.
On another note Clints reptiles on YouTube has a great video on sight training tegu at feeding time. He wants to keep all his digits lol. It might be worthwhile to check it out, your girl is gonna get big and they have very strong food response.
Keep posting updates please she is gorgeous

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you so much we adore her. We also couldn’t keep big lizards like that when we lived in California. We have since moved to Arkansas on a piece of land and built a small home (cabin) now we’ve got the space and it’s awesome. Congratulations on purchasing your ranch! We Love Arizona. Our family is spread all over that area Cali,AZ,NV. Thanks for the love we really enjoy having her around and will gladly continue to post on this thread. Our next big move is building a permanent enclosure like 8 long. So that will be exciting. I will most def check out the clints vids. Thank you a yeah I’m down for all the advice and learning I can get. She kind of fell into our lap so we are learning more as we go.

xp29

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby & Snicker Doodle
The folks at snake discovery have a tegu and post vids also, but im not sure they have any that gives husbandry advice . Emily on that channel and clint as well are both college trained and dedicated to the reptile community. Any time i get conflicting info i go see if they have a video lol.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yes I know of snake discovery I’ll dove into that more too! Thank you. Yeah these days you really have to cross reference everything there is a lot of conflicting info out there.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is my bearded dragons left side supposed to be hard, it’s right above its left leg in the back, it’s kind of hard? i feed it insects and greens. not sure if it’s normal or not? i can post pictures.
His first vet visit went well! Abelardo Texas looks good physically according to his new Dr.
Unfortunately, on the fecal it showed that he has Coccidia. Not a surprise honestly... he has been having diarrhea since I got him. I got Albon, F10, and a steam cleaner on hand.
I'm kinda freaked out, I heard coccidia is a beast to get rid of. Wish me luck! 😭
Sorry didn’t mean to post the last post was an accident, but I do have a question I have a 7 month old dragon, her name is Smaug and she will not eat her salad I have tried everything that I can, just wondering if anyone can help me because I’m stuck and I know that she should probably be eating them by now! If anyone can give me ideas that would be great!
-mia
Hello there I have Created a websites
Check and rate it Wearglam USA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sritikaso
Top Bottom