Rescue?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Okay thank you! He is doing fine. He took a strike at the Fly Larvae and actually caught it! Although once he caught it, he let it go and was staring at it for a while then ate it😂

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I just got home from the vet for both of my beardies and Hazel is nice and healthy other than that there's a scab on her nose due to a insect bite of some sort in which I'm putting some Unpasteurized Honey and Neosporin on it but other than that, healthy. Warrior however, said that he might have some sort of a bone problem like MBD and he may have Parasites which I hope he doesn't. So I am hoping that results come back negative of things. They're also testing him for any more diseases or sicknesses as well.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear Hazel is in good shape. They do get scabs now and then, especially around their nose. They tend to heal up pretty well though.

Warrior is likely to be in rough shape off the bat. A good diet and lighting should help halt the MBD and help him gain strength and adapt over time. Strength will also help him keep parasites in check. I'd be cautious about bombarding him with meds right off the bat, and focus on getting him used to regular, healthy food and a clean environment for a while. I recommend giving him a month or two in order to settle into a new routine, then revisit the parasite issue barring any downturn in his behavior or health. Did they check for atadenovirus? There isn't a whole lot to do to fix that, but it would be good to know. Especially in order to prevent cross contamination. Thorough hand washing when moving between dragons and a good sanitization routine should be adequate to handle that though, and is a good idea either way.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I was about to ask about the medication. They did check for atadenovirus but they didn't say anything. I will have to call them and ask. I hand wash before and after I care for both of my beardies. I am gonna try my best to help out Warrior and I wanna thank y'all for advices from previous times for my Hazel and seeing other people rescue bearded dragons!❤️❤️

Update about the vet: I just called our vet and he said that he didn't have atadenovirus. But I will have to come back in a couple months to make sure that it is still negative

Last edited:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I agree warrior is in good hands and I’m sure it’s nothing that a little love and extra care won’t take care of. You’re doing great!!!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thanks! He is currently eating a little slurry so that way I can fill his little tummy before he goes to bed so I'm glad that I'm doing good with a rescue!!!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I forgot to cancel the testings for Warrior and they came back in. Good news is that he has No parasites which Is a relief. However, he has a RI and MBD which you said that a good diet and lighting will help with the MBD. I am not gonna get the medication for the RI yet but I'll make sure that it'll not get worse by giving him very wide variety of Fruits, veggies, and insects. So far so good on the rescue!😍

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Heck yeah warrior has no uninvited guests in his tummy!!! Well both can be treated and all will be ok.Good thing you got to him before the MBD was any worse Good Job!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Okay first of all, his arms are getting so much better! Second of all, I am planning on moving but the house is two miles. Is it okay to transfer them just two miles? I do not wanna take risk in them dying and its gonna take about 10 mins to get there so I'm not moving far. And then adorable! Love his colors. Him eating some nom noms. Doesn't show a good pic of his arms but he's eating well. The one on the left of the pic was less swollen then the other one. And also, he's finally learning how to walk on those fronts! And also, I edited it to have the 'what a cutie'. He is also growing a little bit.. and he is weighing at a whopping 60 grams! GO WARRIOR! I am gonna also keep him for life and once he's better, I might ask my vet if it's okay for him to be around Hazel and maybe breed him with her. I am not sure it's a good idea but it's worth asking to make sure.

Attachments

• 5693deceac0a01445d396fbcc56e9b9a.jpg
    5693deceac0a01445d396fbcc56e9b9a.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 83

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
That’s awesome ! 60 g’s heck yes! He is so cool looking! 10 minute car ride ain’t nothing people take their booties on vacation with them all kinds of things new environments can be a little stressful but change is always that way but yeah no sweat moving houses won’t be a problem for you in regards to the dragons and the move. 👍

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Haha it say
That’s awesome ! 60 g’s heck yes! He is so cool looking! 10 minute car ride ain’t nothing people take their booties on vacation with them all kinds of things new environments can be a little stressful but change is always that way but yeah no sweat moving houses won’t be a problem for you in regards to the dragons and the move. 👍
It says booties not beardies haha

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom