Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my new rescue beardie. How does he look health wise?

Also wanted to know how I could introduce him to my other beardie they get kinda crazy when they see each other through the glass.

He is 1 years old and she is 5 months old

Attachments

• C69EA1C9-1BB5-415B-A519-7179A514345E.jpeg
    C69EA1C9-1BB5-415B-A519-7179A514345E.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 107
  • A4CE89E4-60C9-4F05-99E8-83C5802B6135.jpeg
    A4CE89E4-60C9-4F05-99E8-83C5802B6135.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 6CB42C84-93B5-4176-9718-95428EF1A0B4.jpeg
    6CB42C84-93B5-4176-9718-95428EF1A0B4.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 83
  • A485A6EB-6D0C-47A5-B66F-E28C6C85CA1B.jpeg
    A485A6EB-6D0C-47A5-B66F-E28C6C85CA1B.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 82

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is my new rescue beardie. How does he look health wise?

Also wanted to know how I could introduce him to my other beardie they get kinda crazy when they see each other through the glass.

He is 1 years old and she is 5 months old
Tail is shedding the dark on the stomach/ side not sure - please keep your dragons separated unless you want babies they should not ever be together-
@AHBD

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
Tail is shedding the dark on the stomach/ side not sure - please keep your dragons separated unless you want babies they should not ever be together-
@AHBD
His colors are grey and orange on his back. And I like to have them free roam for like an hour of the day. So I would just need to do it separately? They could never play together?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His colors are grey and orange on his back. And I like to have them free roam for like an hour of the day. So I would just need to do it separately? They could never play together?
Yes separately -- they should not be able to see each other -- its going to stress them out too much -- male and female should only be kept together if your breeding them for a short time and never definitely the male will want to breed all the time and stress the female out - dragons are a territorial animal and like their own space -- dragons do not play I am afraid

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks quite healthy, especially for a rescue. I agree that it's probably best to keep them in separate areas. Free roam time is great, but I would set it up so they are roaming in different areas (isolated from eachother) or at different times.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some of them do get along. This tends to be females, and dragons who have been together for a long time. From what I've seen, more often than not they are territorial and will act aggressively toward eachother. There have also been instances of them getting along for a while and then turning on eachother. This is why it's not likely to be worth the risk of introducing them to eachother. Especially with the age gap and gender difference and because they are already reacting to eachother when seen from separate enclosures.

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
Some of them do get along. This tends to be females, and dragons who have been together for a long time. From what I've seen, more often than not they are territorial and will act aggressively toward eachother. There have also been instances of them getting along for a while and then turning on eachother. This is why it's not likely to be worth the risk of introducing them to eachother. Especially with the age gap and gender difference and because they are already reacting to eachother when seen from separate enclosures.
Okay! Thanks for the information. And yeah I tried introducing them through the glass first to see the reaction. And the young female does the little hand wave and the year old male will surf the window for a bit and then calm down and do the head nod

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
Okay! Thanks for the information. And yeah I tried introducing them through the glass first to see the reaction. And the young female does the little hand wave and the year old male will surf the window for a bit and then calm down and do the head nod
And then they’ll lick at each other through the glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom