Reptisun T5 HO Terranium Hood + Reflector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Does anyone have any experience with the Zoo Med Reptisun T5 HO hood? Here is the exact product:

https://zoomed.com/wp-content/uploads/LF-72_ReptiSun_T5_HO_Terrarium_Hood_Instructions.pdf

This fixture came with my beardie from the previous family. On the website it says that it comes with a "high polished curved reflector". I was wondering is this true, or do I need an additional reflector anyways? I'm afraid the built-in reflector won't be effective. I am thinking of purchasing the Arcadia T5 reflector if this is the case.

For lighting specs: I am using the Arcadia 12% bulb 6-8 inches away from basking spot, on top of mesh. My mesh isn't that fine - I would say each hole has a 5mm diameter. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks you guys!

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Both Zoo Med and Arcadia are great brands so you should be fine with either one. My husband kept 3 bearded dragons using generic fixtures, and they did great for many years with no health issues. I saw a similar post that might help you and will also tag @CooperDragon to see if he has any additional suggestions for you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The zoomed hoods are really nice. Ive tested them myself. Using that in combination with an Arcadia 12% should work really well. The downside to them is that they are designed to sit flat on top of an enclosure (which is usually fine) and they don’t have the clips that allow for hanging them the way the grow light fixtures do. Their output and reflectors are high quality though.

catwu20

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ginger
The zoomed hoods are really nice. Ive tested them myself. Using that in combination with an Arcadia 12% should work really well. The downside to them is that they are designed to sit flat on top of an enclosure (which is usually fine) and they don’t have the clips that allow for hanging them the way the grow light fixtures do. Their output and reflectors are high quality though.
Thanks Cooper and Shin! So I would be good to go to lay the fixture on top of mesh, right?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
An arcadia 12% is a strong uvb. 6 to 8 inches is way to close, it can cause a sunburn. 14 to 16 inches is more the correct distance.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it should be OK on top of the mesh. 6-8'' is a bit close for the 12% bulb as mentioned, but since it's shining through a mesh top, that will reduce output a bit. Shoot for a distance of about 10-12'' or so from the bulb to the main basking area (through the mesh top). If you have some branches etc that allow closer access if desired, that should be fine. You'll also want to be sure to create areas with little to no UVB as well, in order to provide some options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom