Reptisun Low Quality Control?

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Maybe it’s the fact that i got them off Amazon, I don’t know. But I payed around $50 for two Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB bulbs and they are BOTH “dead” in the centers, with striped lines that move around inside the bulb. Can’t be good. I put the old one back in for now since it is brighter with no dead spaces. What should I do? Is there a more reliable was to buy them or should I switch to Arcadia??

Attachments

• 8E231A02-DEC3-4299-A847-0A38A3C397BD.jpeg
    8E231A02-DEC3-4299-A847-0A38A3C397BD.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 90

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Maybe it’s the fact that i got them off Amazon, I don’t know. But I payed around $50 for two Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB bulbs and they are BOTH “dead” in the centers, with striped lines that move around inside the bulb. Can’t be good. I put the old one back in for now since it is brighter with no dead spaces. What should I do? Is there a more reliable was to buy them or should I switch to Arcadia??
Sounds like you got two duds- send them back get a refund - they probably came from the same batch of bulbs- are you in the states? I can post links for both reptisun and Arcadia

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I switched all mine to Arcadia, every one of my ZooMed fixtures failed within a few weeks of purchase. The first one fsiled straight out of the box. (Last year). I have had zero issues with the Arcadia, although i think some did a bit ago, but all 5 of mine have been flawless.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
I initially used reptisun and had no problems (have recently gone Arcadia).
Hopefully you got these from a big box retailer and can get a refund.
Also, just a quick thought...could your housing unit be defective/ old? Truthfully I don't know how you can tell, but two bulbs in a row, makes me wonder...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I initially used reptisun and had no problems (have recently gone Arcadia).
Hopefully you got these from a big box retailer and can get a refund.
Also, just a quick thought...could your housing unit be defective/ old? Truthfully I don't know how you can tell, but two bulbs in a row, makes me wonder...
Common if they came from the same batch--

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What brand of fixture are you using?

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Sounds like you got two duds- send them back get a refund - they probably came from the same batch of bulbs- are you in the states? I can post links for both reptisun and Arcadia
Please do! I sent them back and got a refund but still need new ones.

I need a Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB 39W (length: 34")

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Click on the link. I bought it directly from the link you sent. The link that you sent takes you to Josh's Frogs.
Did you contact them ? They should replace it- I dont know if it was their fault w/ the way it was wrapped or if it was the shipper themselves -

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Did you contact them ? They should replace it- I dont know if it was their fault w/ the way it was wrapped or if it was the shipper themselves -
They sent me a replacement but they sent the wrong size 😅😭 I’m really on a bad luck streak here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom