Reptile Safe Candles/Air fresheners

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
I was wondering if anyone knows of reptile safe candles and/or air fresheners? I have a beardie and a leopard gecko and would like to have something smelly to put in the room to mask the lizard scent.

I’ve heard some good things about the Pet Odor Exterminator Candle and it’s marketed to be safe for small mammals and reptiles, but I wanted to get some opinions on this.

Any advice is appreciated!

Here’s a link to the candle I was talking about: (PET ODOR EXTERMINATOR Creamy Vanilla Deodorizing Candle, 13-oz jar - Chewy.com)

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I would love more info on this.

My opinion I've been working off is, no air fresheners that put things into the air, such as essential oils or spray fresheners. I only burn candles or use incense, and the incense stays in my room, far away from my beardie and his protein. Haven't had issues with candles and never thought they could harm him.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
What ingredients do we need to make sure to avoid? This is all very helpful! Thank you!
To be really safe I'd say anything that's not natural isn't the best bc candles produce smell and if there inhaling something that's not natural its not the best but knowing me I would search up all of the ingredients just to be sure the things that aren't natural is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom