Replacing bottom glass for penn plax habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I've been here, and I am hoping that someone will be able to help me out with replacing a piece to an enclosure I have.

I purchased a Natural Wood Snake habitat (REPSH4) second hand and there was an oopsie when my husband was bringing it inside and the bottom glass cracked. Since it can be taken apart I can see that the bottom glass can be completely removed and replaced.

The issue that I now have is that the measurements I have taken to get it replaced seems to have been lost when we moved. The measurements online for the tank itself say that it is 47" L x 20" W x 20" H. But since there are grooves inside the bottom piece of wood for the glass to go into I don't know what to account for that when buying a new piece from a glass shop.

Does anyone currently have this particular enclosure and happen to know the exact measurements for the bottom glass? My last step for this is to just bring the rest of the enclosure to the glass shop and ask them to fit the glass there, but I worry about any further damage to the rest of the tank.

Any information would help me greatly. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Bunny, it's nice to see you posting after so long ! :) Sorry I don't have an answer for you, maybe Brandon [ Claudius ] or Liam [ Cooperdragon ] can help you out. There both mods. now and are usually good at that kind of stuff having to do with builds/enclosures. I think a picture of the tank and close ups of the grooved area might be helpful. Other than that hope all is well !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom