Repeated seizures (and other symptoms) with no vet around

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are some good updates, glad to see a bit of improvement ! Apply raw honey [ unpasteurized ] to all of his wounds, including the mouth. Just add a very little bit of warm water to it to make it easier to apply. It MUST be unpasteurized so look for a beekeeper or reputable health store honey.

Good job on the tail but you have to cut up in to the healthy tissue because the little bit of infection [ the black part ] is left so go up another half inch.

Dustie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dustie
Those are some good updates, glad to see a bit of improvement ! Apply raw honey [ unpasteurized ] to all of his wounds, including the mouth. Just add a very little bit of warm water to it to make it easier to apply. It MUST be unpasteurized so look for a beekeeper or reputable health store honey.

Good job on the tail but you have to cut up in to the healthy tissue because the little bit of infection [ the black part ] is left so go up another half inch.
Okay, I'll try the unpasteurized honey with a bit of warm water. Do I just keep applying it throughout the day to keep it on or how often?
Does this mean to forget about the betadine and Neosporin?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Dustie does look a bit better, his eyes are definitely more alert!
As suggested, the honey is excellent & will help keep infection away. That's great
he is having less seizures, he must feel much better right now.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Dustie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dustie
I'm devastated. Dustie died today. When I came home for lunch he wasn't breathing. I've thought he wasn't breathing 100 times but this time he really wasn't. He was alert this morning when I fed him. I spent an hour with him. We thought he turned a corner on Sunday and has only had a few seizures a day since then (instead of the 20-30 a day). He seemed alert this morning and was eagerly taking food from a spoon and a dropper. The only recent change was adding honey to his sores last night and this morning but I'm sure that's not it. I really can't believe it. I looked all over his body and I couldn't see anything wrong. I still have him in his cage. He was improving, we were so excited, we were so thrilled yesterday, sure that he was going to make it.

I want to attach a video of him last evening looking good. He crawled over to me in his cage. I thought he wanted more honey. But I guess I can't include videos.

Dustie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dustie
I want to specifically thank Drache613 and AHBD for sticking with me through this roller coaster of emotions. I did everything you suggested and he got better. We saw him get better. His seizures lessened, he started eating better, holding his mouth open for more, and he was more alert, moving around, holding his head up, clear eyes that were responding. NOT like before. He was getting better. So in all my grief, I don't want to miss this opportunity to say thank you for your advice. Thank you for being there and responding to my questions in a timely matter. I was desperate and you were there. I'm not sure what happened to Dustie but I know it wasn't from some of the treatment.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry to read this. I know this extremely traumatic for you and I wish things had turned out differently. I think his heart just gave out after all the seizures. My heart goes out to you. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I want to specifically thank Drache613 and AHBD for sticking with me through this roller coaster of emotions. I did everything you suggested and he got better. We saw him get better. His seizures lessened, he started eating better, holding his mouth open for more, and he was more alert, moving around, holding his head up, clear eyes that were responding. NOT like before. He was getting better. So in all my grief, I don't want to miss this opportunity to say thank you for your advice. Thank you for being there and responding to my questions in a timely matter. I was desperate and you were there. I'm not sure what happened to Dustie but I know it wasn't from some of the treatment.
I agree w/ ahbd I think the seizures took a toll on him- I am so sorry for him and you and yes it's devastating - my heart aches for you and I do know the feeling all too well- my ❤️ aches w/you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about little Dustie, I am so sad for you & Dustie. :cry: It did seem he was
starting to recover. His body most likely was just too stressed from so many seizures, bless him. He
knew he was loved & he wasn't alone. I am heart broken for your loss.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom