relocation stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samson963

so i have two beardies. i just got one last thursdat and one a couple months before. they are in serparate tanks. the one i'm asking about is about 8 inches long and like 2 to 3 months old. so he seems to be restless, he keeps running around his cage and then he wont eat. he will eat a little bit of greens and then maybe one pw a day. so i'm wondering if this is due to relocation stress. my other beardie eats like a champ and i havent had any problems. it would be great if you get back to me! thanks
Sam

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello Sam,

It could very well be relocation stress. To rule out any other problems would you mind going over his set up with us?

What type & brand UVB are you using? fluorescent, coil, compact, mvb
What are the temps on basking and cool side?
What are you measuring temps with? Digital therm., stick on, temp gun
What type substrate are you using?
What are you feeding and how often?
Are you giving baths?
When was the last time he pooped?

If you could answer these questions, we can try to figure out what's going on with your liitle guy.

Dawn

samson963

Original Poster
What type & brand UVB are you using? fluorescent, coil, compact, mvb. trex 100 watt
What are the temps on basking and cool side?106 hot, 75-80 cool
What are you measuring temps with? Digital therm., stick on, temp gun digital with probe
What type substrate are you using? no adhesive shelf liner
What are you feeding and how often? trying to 3 times a day
Are you giving baths?yes 3 times a week
When was the last time he pooped?this morning

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello again,

Your set up looks great. I would suggest giving your little guy a bit more time to adjust. Since you've only had him for a week, it could just be relocation stress. Sometimes it can take a few weeks for them to settle in.

Keep an eye on him and if he starts acting worse or different we'll see what we can do. Hopefully it's just the stress and he'll be fine soon.

Hope this helps

Dawn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom