Relocation stress or brumation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duity1234

Hi everyone!

I just got a bearded dragon a week ago, and his behavior has been off since i got him. He is an adult (about 2 1/2 y.o.) and his last owners took very good care of him. Everything in the tank is set up correctly, the lights have been replaced just recently, and the temperatures are right, so i know it’s not a problem with his tank.

When i met him before I bought him, he was social, happy and everything seemed fine. Since i took him home he hasn’t been eating or basking, he sleeps all the time and i assumed it was just relocation stress.

I’ve heard that this behavior can be found when the beardie is in brumation as well, but i find it weird, as it is summer where i live and with him being relocated it is more likely relocation stress?

Anyways, a week has passed, he sat under the UVB light the first few days but stopped doing that, ate once as i covered the tank because we got visitors that day and I didn’t want him to get more stressed, and he was very active that day. But other than that he hasn’t been touching his food, basking or moved outside of his hide. All he does is sleep.

Can anyone help me figure out if this is normal, if i should be worried or not, and what do i do??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We need to go over the lighting and basking temps--- what are they and how are you taking them? UVB what brand and bulb inside the tank or top of the screen? It is common for them to go thru relocation stress but they still should be eating some and basking and not hiding--- covering him up is not a good idea - they are a social animal and having company over keeps them company as well -- if you can post pics of the tank and lighting and we can go from there
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message screen then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom