Relocation Stress in new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielc12

I just upgraded my bearded dragon to a new enclosure, and she has been having some really bad relocation stress. She’s been digging in her hide, not basking much, basically pooped on herself, and hasn’t eaten much. I currently have the front of the tank covered with a cloth to hopefully help, but anything else I can do to help her settle in? The enclosure is new, and she also has a new view in our apartment that’s much more active then her old view, so I’m sure she’s really freaked out. Her tank temps and humidity are normal. Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It's common for them to get relocation stress when... relocated :D
Just give her some time. I don't think you need to cover the tank though. Let her get used to the new view also. As long as husbandry is up to par, she will come around eventually.

-Brandon

danielc12

Original Poster
Hi there,

It's common for them to get relocation stress when... relocated :D
Just give her some time. I don't think you need to cover the tank though. Let her get used to the new view also. As long as husbandry is up to par, she will come around eventually.

-Brandon
Should I attempt to coax her out to eat her bugs, or just leave her alone for now? She’s currently tucked under a towel in her hide

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I tend to like to leave them alone so they can adjust at their own pace. How long has she been in the new tank?

-Brandon

danielc12

Original Poster
I tend to like to leave them alone so they can adjust at their own pace. How long has she been in the new tank?

-Brandon
Since yesterday morning, so about 30 hours now. We’ve subsequently be rearranging our apartment to make space for new furniture, so a lot has been changing in her environment

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh yeah, that's not too much time. Relocation stress can take up to and over a week to fully settle. I wouldn't worry about her not eating even if it's been a few days.

-Brandon

danielc12

Original Poster
Oh yeah, that's not too much time. Relocation stress can take up to and over a week to fully settle. I wouldn't worry about her not eating even if it's been a few days.

-Brandon
She came out today and has been basking, ate a full meal of bugs, and has been exploring around the enclosure :’) thank you for all your advice! im so happy to see her adjusting to her new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom