relly cheap hammock! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no thats cool. lol! yeah i live between 31st and 21st on sheridan. i have my apt with all my dragons! lol! i have six dragons.. its almost like a full time job! lol!
here is the link to the most recent pics of them.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=90189&hilit= those are my kids! : )

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
your Savannah Monitor looks pretty dang cool! is he pretty tame? most of the ones ive seen are pretty attitudy! lol!

yeah im very familiar with tahlequah. my room mate went to high school and graduated from there. his name is Billy Potter(class of 2000 i believe). i know quite a few guys from out there. Will and Amy, bo, wills brother Jonny, Terrance, and alot of others. i was out there just a week ago.
yeah if you are talking about my citrus female...she is right at 500g and she has been in brumation for about two weeks now so she was prolly 525g easy before she started to go dormant..

do you know any of those guys out there in the Quah? IT WOULD BE KINDA CRAZY IF YOU DO!LOL

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
beardiebandit":d4ab2 said:
your Savannah Monitor looks pretty dang cool! is he pretty tame? most of the ones ive seen are pretty attitudy! lol!

yeah im very familiar with tahlequah. my room mate went to high school and graduated from there. his name is Billy Potter(class of 2000 i believe). i know quite a few guys from out there. Will and Amy, bo, wills brother Jonny, Terrance, and alot of others. i was out there just a week ago.
yeah if you are talking about my citrus female...she is right at 500g and she has been in brumation for about two weeks now so she was prolly 525g easy before she started to go dormant..

do you know any of those guys out there in the Quah? IT WOULD BE KINDA CRAZY IF YOU DO!LOL

No.. I really don't know many people out here. I look like I should be one of the college students, but I'm not! I have only lived here for 4 years (in Wagoner for a year before that); I went to school in Texas. My fiance went to Hulbert school, though... class of 2000, also.
I like living here, sometimes! The river is spectacular and lots of fun during the summer!

I actually have a cardiologist appointment in Tulsa tomorrow.. was hoping to do some shopping while in town, but I think I spent any extra $ last week on Blazey!

Esham, the monitor, is pretty tame. He's a monitor, though, so he is predisposed to being a jerk! He's my fiance's 'baby' so to speak; meaning he's mostly his responsibility. He gets to walk around the apartment, and the cats are scared to death of him when he's out of his viv. He's really funny to watch swim in the tub, but it's not always fun to watch him eat. He's pretty violent when he eats, and I don't allow him to eat live anymore. Last time I almost got sick...

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol! yeah i have seen some videos of those suckers killing mice and rats...not for the faint of heart!

yeah ive had plenty of good times on the good old river! are there any good pet store out there? i havent ever noticed... i dont know if i could trust a monitor...? they kinda make me nervous...especially cuz i know they thrash their prey from side to side! i dont want that to be my hand of my unsuspecting toe! my beardies pretty much have free run of the apartment... after their bath that is! i dont want them to poop on the carpet. they all love the stair case to my upstairs bedrooms! i only have beardies...snakes are cool but i think beardies are by far the most laid back reptile ever. my first reptile ever was Kada(my big citrus female)

are there any other reptile people out your way? i think me and my room mate and the beardie breeder here in tulsa we know are the only reptile people i know... how old is your beardie? i will have some very pretty citrus hypos for sale this spring! the male is named Ching (owned by Charles Hayes)and Kada will be the mom. ching is from Bloodbank dragons and Kada is from Sunshine Dragons. im excited! they will be neon yellow!!!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Hehe, you do have to keep an eye out for Esham, although he doesn't get free reign. He has one of those jaws that just clamps down; we haven't ever been bit by him, but he's gotten a hold of his leash before and that was a pain!

The snake was not exactly something I have always wanted! We took him in from a teenager who couldn't keep him anymore.. I don't know what his mother was thinking.. letting a teenager have a boa (who can live for years and get huge) when he can barely commit to school...

And no.. there are no decent pet stores in the area. I do most of my shopping online. I would prefer to spend money locally, but the only pet store here is a tiny shop and the lady there isn't always that helpful/nice...

Blaze is only 4, maybe 5 months old, so she is still a little girl! I would love to get another one sometime, a real pretty one would be cool, but finances are spread pretty thin with my spoiled fiance, my yarn habit, and all of the animals. I have fallen hard for this little girl.. so maybe in the future, I'd like to get another.

I don't really know a lot of people here... much less reptile folks! I used to party a lot before I left Texas, so once I settled in here, I kind of got boring!

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah with my six beardies i go thru 5k crix every two weeks! i have a colony of dubia roaches that is getting bigger every month but it still isnt big enough to feed from yet. i cant wait cuz crix are crazy expensive! and stinky!! my colony of roaches havent been cleaned since i started it and they still have no smell at all! and they dont freakin jump!!!! i hate crix!

heres my custom hammock made out of a pair of jeans lol

HPIM2748.jpg

sweet man...i'll be making my own now and not buy from the pet store..glad i joined this site...so many great ideas for the reptile enclosures

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
OMG....What a fantastic idea.... :blob8: :blob5: I am gonna make one tonight!!!! I will post pics of it when I am done
Izzy will love that!!!

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Ok here it is! This hammock I made last night for Izzy. The cost for this was approx. $1.50
IMG_2148.jpg

He is using it as a shade right now...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom