Rehoming 2 year old male beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
I have a male bearded dragon named FlapJack, just about 2 years old, that I am looking to rehome to somebody with more exotic animal experience, specifically bearded dragon experience, than I.
I am posting this here because I want to avoid craigslist.

Anyone who has been actively viewing or commenting on my posts knows that I have had nothing but issues w/ various aspects of care, and I have unfortunately learned the difficult way that I am unable to provide for my beardie in the way I had hoped. I just do not have the 'touch' with reptile care. I also have other responsibilities stacking up, and my free time is shrinking.

I learned a lot from the experience, and I am saddened that I am unable to care for him in the way I hoped. Again, I hope someone with a lot of experience is able to adopt him and help him.

As far as his overall health- He was recently to the vet because he hadn't gone to the bathroom in a bit, and he was hiding all day, and a day after the vet apt. he did go to the bathroom, but continues to hide. He seems to be somewhat prone to it, I am unsure if it has to do with husbandry or diet or other. I have medicine leftover from that apt. While he was there, they also did x-ray, bloodwork, etc, and all of his tests came back great- he is very healthy in all areas and testing, but he just hides all day under a log, and nothing I have done has fixed it for him- looking for someone more experienced to help me w/ that. I am happy to answer other questions- as I said, the testing/bloodwork/etc all comes back perfectly healthy, so his hiding behaviour and bathroom behavior I am unsure of what it relates to, diet or husbandry.

He is VERY picky about veggies and usually doesn't touch them. He does like cactus, squash, and certain greens, and cucumber. His favorite food is roaches.

I care about him a lot and I am saddened that I am unable to care for him and give him what he needs, time wise and health wise. I want him to go to a good home and a good owner, and I know there are lots of beardie owners on this site that have the touch I don't have.

He comes with as much or as little as you would like; he is available by himself with a rehoming fee,because I want him to go to a good home, but I have all his care items, too, which will be extra. He has a 4x2x2 maximum reptile tank with sliding glass doors, a 24" UVB arcadia lamp, 12%, halogen heating bulbs, bulb holders, a 48" T5 6.5k daytime bulb w/ a 48" fixture (just lighting, not heat) a textured mat, a custom adjustable wooden basking structure from etsy, a couch and other various tank decor pieces, calcium and vitamins, thermometers, and more.

Please let me know of your questions, comments, concerns, etc.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you using 2 UVB's? this could be the issue for all the hiding --- hes getting over exposure for UVB

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":wa8hb3rp said:
Are you using 2 UVB's? this could be the issue for all the hiding --- hes getting over exposure for UVB

No... as I said it is just for lighting... I have one 24" uvb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you aren't charging an adoption fee, etc for him, I would recommend posting your thread in
our "For Free" forum, to help find a home for him.
Let me know if you would like for me to move your thread.
Where are you located?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom