Regurgitating?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys it was bug day and my Chubbs hasn't eaten in about a week more or less she only wanted bugs. So I gave her greens and then fed her crickets she ate every last one then I gave her a bath. After that I gave her some BSFL and normally she doesn't like them but today she did. I seen her licking her chops so I thought it was her eating greens or eating a loose cricket

I have had her for almost 4+ years and she has never EVER threw up not once did she eat too many BSFL? The BSFL where alive she had I would say 50-70 in a single sitting. As I said she normally doesn't like them much so I didn't even think about how many she should eat. She was very active basking soaking up the UVB and the heat lamp around 100-102 basking temp

Attachments

• IMG_20221013_192321.jpg
    IMG_20221013_192321.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20221013_192317.jpg
    IMG_20221013_192317.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20221013_192311.jpg
    IMG_20221013_192311.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 57

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys it was bug day and my Chubbs hasn't eaten in about a week more or less she only wanted bugs. So I gave her greens and then fed her crickets she ate every last one then I gave her a bath. After that I gave her some BSFL and normally she doesn't like them but today she did. I seen her licking her chops so I thought it was her eating greens or eating a loose cricket

I have had her for almost 4+ years and she has never EVER threw up not once did she eat too many BSFL? The BSFL where alive she had I would say 50-70 in a single sitting. As I said she normally doesn't like them much so I didn't even think about how many she should eat. She was very active basking soaking up the UVB and the heat lamp around 100-102 basking temp
She ate them too fast --- please dont feed so many at one time --- limit them 20-25 - that will slow her down and chew them up how many crickets did you feed

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She ate them too fast --- please dont feed so many at one time --- limit them 20-25 - that will slow her down and chew them up how many crickets did you feed
About 10-15 crickets between small medium and large that's why I fed her the BSFL normally she doesn't get them together

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok well she needs to slow down on the eating- feed small amounts --
Definitely! I forget BSFL can be fed in-between the days I give crickets and not only on cricket day. I put them in a dish so she could of taken multiple BSFL in a single bite rather than eat 1 by 1 slowly

Appreciate the help 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This happens somewhat often, they can eat too fast or too much at one time & get an upset
tummy!
You can get her on some probiotics for a few days just to help out with improved digestion. Is
she doing better today?

Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

This happens somewhat often, they can eat too fast or too much at one time & get an upset
tummy!
You can get her on some probiotics for a few days just to help out with improved digestion. Is
she doing better today?

Tracie
Yup I spread out her meals and she has been eating without throwing up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom