Regurgitating?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys it was bug day and my Chubbs hasn't eaten in about a week more or less she only wanted bugs. So I gave her greens and then fed her crickets she ate every last one then I gave her a bath. After that I gave her some BSFL and normally she doesn't like them but today she did. I seen her licking her chops so I thought it was her eating greens or eating a loose cricket

I have had her for almost 4+ years and she has never EVER threw up not once did she eat too many BSFL? The BSFL where alive she had I would say 50-70 in a single sitting. As I said she normally doesn't like them much so I didn't even think about how many she should eat. She was very active basking soaking up the UVB and the heat lamp around 100-102 basking temp

Attachments

• IMG_20221013_192321.jpg
    IMG_20221013_192321.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20221013_192317.jpg
    IMG_20221013_192317.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20221013_192311.jpg
    IMG_20221013_192311.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 58

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys it was bug day and my Chubbs hasn't eaten in about a week more or less she only wanted bugs. So I gave her greens and then fed her crickets she ate every last one then I gave her a bath. After that I gave her some BSFL and normally she doesn't like them but today she did. I seen her licking her chops so I thought it was her eating greens or eating a loose cricket

I have had her for almost 4+ years and she has never EVER threw up not once did she eat too many BSFL? The BSFL where alive she had I would say 50-70 in a single sitting. As I said she normally doesn't like them much so I didn't even think about how many she should eat. She was very active basking soaking up the UVB and the heat lamp around 100-102 basking temp
She ate them too fast --- please dont feed so many at one time --- limit them 20-25 - that will slow her down and chew them up how many crickets did you feed

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She ate them too fast --- please dont feed so many at one time --- limit them 20-25 - that will slow her down and chew them up how many crickets did you feed
About 10-15 crickets between small medium and large that's why I fed her the BSFL normally she doesn't get them together

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok well she needs to slow down on the eating- feed small amounts --
Definitely! I forget BSFL can be fed in-between the days I give crickets and not only on cricket day. I put them in a dish so she could of taken multiple BSFL in a single bite rather than eat 1 by 1 slowly

Appreciate the help 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This happens somewhat often, they can eat too fast or too much at one time & get an upset
tummy!
You can get her on some probiotics for a few days just to help out with improved digestion. Is
she doing better today?

Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

This happens somewhat often, they can eat too fast or too much at one time & get an upset
tummy!
You can get her on some probiotics for a few days just to help out with improved digestion. Is
she doing better today?

Tracie
Yup I spread out her meals and she has been eating without throwing up

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom