Regular 50w distance in enclosure

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
We recently switched around the tank and we are now running a regular 50watt bulb is 6-8 inches too close I always went more powerful from far so I’m not to familiar with how close is to close lol. She seems to like it but was just curious if anyone had any input.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 103

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We recently switched around the tank and we are now running a regular 50watt bulb is 6-8 inches too close I always went more powerful from far so I’m not to familiar with how close is to close lol. She seems to like it but was just curious if anyone had any input.
What is the surface basking temp on the hammock? Distance is good as long as she can't climb closer to via hammock

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The only issue i could foresee is if she could get close enough to get burned, otherwise if the temp is good it's good.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Surface temp isn’t bad on the hammock, she could jump and reach it but I’ll be keeping an eye on her. Just making sure at that distance it couldn’t be burning her back or what not?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
You could stick something in there about as thick as she is to lay the probe on, you would know the exact temp thats on her like that. I think as long as it's above them they will move if it's to hot, i think heat from below them is were you have to be extra careful. I have read a few times they don't recognize heat from below but i don't know that to be accurate or not for sure.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok yeah thanks I know the surface temp is not too hot on the hammock. Yeah that's why i don't use anything on the ground ( heat rock or heat pads) I always tell people not to use then

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think i actually remember you saying that in one of your videos.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom