Reflector

Status
Not open for further replies.

EHerb

Sorry if this has been asked before but can I have the best advice for the reflector of a t5 don’t think it’s the pro one just normal t5 anyway ....the decor is 15 inches away from the uvb tube and the tube is fitted at the front on the viv
I have a 4ft x 2x2 viv .....shall I leave the reflector on or shall I take it off

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Reflector needs to stay on ---- what brand is the fixture? Zoo Med or a Arcadia is he Pro T 5
Karrie

EHerb

Original Poster
It’s Arcadia 850mm I don’t think it’s a pro how can I tell ?
Think it 12% when I tap in the code online

EHerb

Original Poster
Could the reflector make him want to hide wondering if it could be too bright or powerful
Also is it normal for a healthy dragon to go to his hideaway during the day ? he doesn’t do it for hours just a little while but h never used to - he’s 4:5 months old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Go look at www.lightyourreptiles.com see if you can find what you have there--- odd your little one is hiding- where do you have the UVB what is the distance from basking decor - what are your basking temps and how are you getting them -- need to start there first for reason
Karrie

EHerb

Original Poster
Hi thanks for your rquick reply
So it’s a Arcadia 39watt t5 850mm

The shortest distance he can get to it is 14inches
The rest of he decor is all further away

Temp under basking bulb is 43 degrees
We have a high dimming thermostat

EHerb

Original Poster
Thought I posted a picture but it’s not here is it ? Oops maybe it’s gone somewhere else

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I can't tell if it's inside the tank or on top of screen--
Karrir

EHerb

Original Poster
My uvb do you mean ? It’s inside the tank on the ceiling at the front behind the glass

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so w/ the closest is 14" - the reflector would have nothing to do w/ him hiding so is he basking at all?
Karrie

EHerb

Original Poster
Yes he’s basking on amd off amd eating well too
Now I did a parasite test and it showed coccidia moderate and pinworm 350 per Gram but that was 2-3 weeks ago and since then he started improving so decided to clean viv out every day and do another parasite test which I did a few days ago
Just got resujts now pinworm is down to 150g
Coccidia low now
However it has showed two more things and I have no idea how serious they are I’ll post a pic

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok we need Tracie to look she's the vet tech mod on here-- you can PM her -- look for drache613 on here her profile will come up look on left for PM--- send her what you posted -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom