red splotch? blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

my beardie just turned one and is currently shedding chest and neck, today picked him up to check how the shed was going and noticed a red splotch on under his neck
111935-1345153391.jpg
111935-5941451946.jpg
i thought maybe blood so i touched it and he flinched and started scrambling out of my hands i am very worried for when it is time to shed

also he is vertical in the pic i never hold him like that but i needed a clear image and it was for just a couple seconds

any ideas are welcome!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Have you fed any red colored berries recently? Those can stain easily on scales but usually come off with water. Or any red colored items he may be in contact with? Trying to think of easy to eliminate sources of the red color....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom