Red skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden17

What’s happening to my guy? He was shedding on his face and it’s been darker there for a few weeks and now it looks almost like a scale fell off or something? He’s been gaping a lot tonight too, I don’t know if that’s relevant or not but I’m worried :(

Attachments

• DF541E3F-25F6-4596-BCCE-95D3BD51C235.jpeg
    DF541E3F-25F6-4596-BCCE-95D3BD51C235.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 566B660F-09E1-45AB-94D4-C3FF9A87959D.jpeg
    566B660F-09E1-45AB-94D4-C3FF9A87959D.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like the scales may have been damaged during shed or rubbed up against something. You might want to put some plain neosporin (no pain reliever) on the area or maybe some manuka or raw/unpasteurized honey on it to help it heal. If the area starts to look more damaged, or the damaged area starts to spread I'd have a vet take a look and check for a bacterial or fungal infection. Keep a close eye on it and take photos for reference. Hopefully the scales will heal up quickly and not cause any long term issues.

Camden17

Original Poster
It looks like the scales may have been damaged during shed or rubbed up against something. You might want to put some plain neosporin (no pain reliever) on the area or maybe some manuka or raw/unpasteurized honey on it to help it heal. If the area starts to look more damaged, or the damaged area starts to spread I'd have a vet take a look and check for a bacterial or fungal infection. Keep a close eye on it and take photos for reference. Hopefully the scales will heal up quickly and not cause any long term issues.
Okay thank you for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom