Recommended Basking Bulb/Fixture? [Solved]

Shotty.Sub

Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Hi!

Here is my full set up: New Beardie Owner Here - Have Questions :) | Introductions | Bearded Dragon .org

We adopted a dragon (15 months) and I'm looking to update their lighting as the bulbs are getting a bit old (6 months). We're planning on switching her over to ceramic tile and non adhesive shelf liner. I'd like the option to dim to adjust the heat (assuming tile will retain heat).

Are there any recommended bulbs and fixtures?

I was looking at this set up (16 inches from basking spot):

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi!

Here is my full set up: New Beardie Owner Here - Have Questions :) | Introductions | Bearded Dragon .org

We adopted a dragon (15 months) and I'm looking to update their lighting as the bulbs are getting a bit old (6 months). We're planning on switching her over to ceramic tile and non adhesive shelf liner. I'd like the option to dim to adjust the heat (assuming tile will retain heat).

Are there any recommended bulbs and fixtures?

I was looking at this set up (16 inches from basking spot):

Basking bulb is good - you want distance for the uvb 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor inside the tank unless your screen is a wide hole type- then it would need to be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor

Shotty.Sub

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Basking bulb is good - you want distance for the uvb 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor inside the tank unless your screen is a wide hole type- then it would need to be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor
Hi. May I ask what wide hole type means?

The UV lights are have no screen. Just the basking bulb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi. May I ask what wide hole type means?

The UV lights are have no screen. Just the basking bulb.
1655836943844.jpg

this is a wide hole screen -- what do you mean the basking bulb is sitting on a screen is not sitting on a screen?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom