Recommendations for worm feeding tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielc12

Basically every other time my beardie poops, she has undigested worms in her stool. After researching and speaking to her vet, I've narrowed it down to two reasons that need to be fixed:

One) Her UVB bulb is dying/not good enough. I just ordered the Reptisun bulb that everyone raves about, and it should be here this week
Two) She eats WAY too fast and isn't chewing

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tools they use to feed their beardie where they will actually only eat one at a time and try not to shove worms down their throat as fast as they can, without just standing there and feeding them one worm at a time. I've seen feeders where the worms pop out one at a time but wanted to see if anyone has any specific links to ones they like.

Thanks in advanced!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basically every other time my beardie poops, she has undigested worms in her stool. After researching and speaking to her vet, I've narrowed it down to two reasons that need to be fixed:

One) Her UVB bulb is dying/not good enough. I just ordered the Reptisun bulb that everyone raves about, and it should be here this week
Two) She eats WAY too fast and isn't chewing

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tools they use to feed their beardie where they will actually only eat one at a time and try not to shove worms down their throat as fast as they can, without just standing there and feeding them one worm at a time. I've seen feeders where the worms pop out one at a time but wanted to see if anyone has any specific links to ones they like.

Thanks in advanced!
What worm are you feeding? BSFL will come out undigested if eaten too fast so when and if your feeding them only feed like 20 at a time - that will slow him down on eating them --- what are your basking temps ? How are you getting them ? and how old is the dragon ? What UVB did you order? The Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or the T 8 or the Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb? Distance and placement is key between the T 5 and the T 8

danielc12

Original Poster
What worm are you feeding? BSFL will come out undigested if eaten too fast so when and if your feeding them only feed like 20 at a time - that will slow him down on eating them --- what are your basking temps ? How are you getting them ? and how old is the dragon ? What UVB did you order? The Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or the T 8 or the Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb? Distance and placement is key between the T 5 and the T 8
She is eating BSFL, and I try to limit the amount she eats at a time, but like I said she just doesn't even chew unless it's literally one worm in the bowl at a time. Her basking temps hover at around 100 and she is between 8-10 months old. I'm getting them from a local farmer in my state who sells feeders for reptiles. I got the Reptisun 10 bulb, her current tube bulb is not the best as I stated so it'll be replaced immediately once it gets here. I've done the research about her food, just really need help in regards to having her slow down with eating without having to stand there and feed her one at a time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is eating BSFL, and I try to limit the amount she eats at a time, but like I said she just doesn't even chew unless it's literally one worm in the bowl at a time. Her basking temps hover at around 100 and she is between 8-10 months old. I'm getting them from a local farmer in my state who sells feeders for reptiles. I got the Reptisun 10 bulb, her current tube bulb is not the best as I stated so it'll be replaced immediately once it gets here
Ok I got the 10.0 but is it the T 5 or the T 8 your ordered --- reason I ask is the distance and placement for those two bulbs is different - you need to get it properly placed for max effectiveness -- I can help you w/ that -- :) so she is gulping them down -- we have heard that a lot w/ the BSFL - what size were you feeding her ?Large?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom