Recently acquired Beardie - several issues HELP

FloraBelle

Hello,
I recently acquired a beardie who is very very small for his age (he looks like he's only about five months old size-wise). I don't know much about his history, but he is supposedly about a year and a half old and "was always a slow grower". I have only had him for a couple of weeks, but I am noticing that he seems to be gaping even when he is not basking. He also doesn't seem to have much of an appetite. Any thoughts?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of him you could post, along with the tank setup also?
We can review your UVB lighting, temperatures, supplementation, etc. They can take a few
weeks sometimes to get used to a new home & surroundings.
Does he have any symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, etc as you would see with a
respiratory type of problem?
You can try some bee pollen to help with his appetite & boost his system a little bit as well.
Has his beard been normal color or dark in color?

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Im sorry to hear that. Sometimes it's just to late. People get these when they are small and don't do any research on proper care. Care is most critical when they are babies, thats when they dont all their growing.they fill out after reaching their growth potential. Don't let this turn you off to having them as a pet. They are fantastic. Just do your research and try to buy from a reputable breeder not the box stores. Their pets come from pet mills and you can expect more health issues from them

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry you already lost him, how terrible. :cry:
It definitely is not your fault, but I am so glad that he wasn't alone & had you to help
him when he needed you.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom